“Always a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Elk Rapids, Michigan
“Always a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have stayed here every year at Thanksgiving for the last 6 years. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The place is aways clean. The bed very comfortable. They will be renovating in a few months and hopefully a good thing will get even better.

Just across the street is a new Meijer in case you need any supplies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are excited about the renovations that are getting ready to start here at the hotel to. Have a great day !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gurnee, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Was shocked at $134 AARP rate on a Sunday night, but as a loyal Hilton person, stayed one night enroute to Chicago. The room was tired, with no desk, just small table and two chairs. There were no plugs to charge electronics, so had to move bedside table out from wall. It obviously hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time. Bathroom dingy with nicks on countertop, and water damaged door. Beds were very comfy, though, and breakfast up to normal Hampton standard. This is not a hotel for a business person, and will make a different choice next time I'm in area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I hope you give us another try when you are back in the area. Our hotel will be going under a renovation this next years. Each room will be having a desk and lamps with extra outlets to plug in your computers.
Ada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights last week of July 2012. Very nice room and nice heated pool. Traveled here with my brother, sister in law and 4 year old son. They had a great hot breakfast with many selections. Very nice service, responded to request for refrigerator before we could park the car and go to the room. They even had beach balls in the pool that we could play with.Overall great trip to lake Michigan. Decent location with Mejier right across the street. Short drive to St. Joseph for dining, shopping, entertainment.

Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comments you made about our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will be staying with us again in the future. Have a great day !
milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were hoping this Hampton would be like the one in Auburn Indiana which is also a small town but hotel there is very nicely maintained, but it was not. This one is much older. The linens and bed did seem new and there was an effort to keep it updated. We waivered between a poor and average rating and went with average due to effort to upgrade. It was also pretty expensive (~$150) because only a king room was available. Auburn's is only $119 a night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very nice staff - friendly - always asking and offering if there was anything we might need. Breakfast area was nice and open and clean -- PLUS we noticed they kept putting new hot food out right til the end. (Often if a breakfast is over at 10:00 hotel staff start putting food away at like 9:59 - so if you arrive at the last minute there are just scraps left -- not here -- they kept putting hot food out until people had enough). Free coffee available anytime of the day or night.

Room was clean -- and I am a clean and smell freak, so I definitely notice if it doesn't smell right This place smelled good. Also there were duvet covers instead of bedspreads so I know they were washed. Wi-fi was easy to access and fast. All in all a terrific trip.

Room Tip: I'd stay on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. I hope we will see you again soon. Have a great day !
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

we attended a wedding in St. Joseph along with the entire family-@18 adults and young children, many from out of state.
The accommodations were clean, and ample. Due to the heavy registration, some of the larger rooms were already taken but the staff did work with everyone to get a good room fit. Requests were taken care of right away (i.e. cribs), breakfast room was able to accommodate all of us along with 3 other family parties without feeling crowded. I was very impressed with the service from the front desk, breakfast staff, and housekeeping. Although the hotel was totally full the staff treated everyone in a relaxed and timely manner. The staff helped make our family time a memorable experience. We enjoyed the pool and the location was excellent. We had a great experience. I would recommend for a family event.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again soon. Have a great day !
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed for one night while driving the Michigan Wine Trail. Must be an older Hampton Inn. The lobby was very small, just enough room for the check-in desk. The rest of the lobby was taken up by the breakfast eating area. Rooms were nice, might have been redone since hotel was built, BUT, those towels in the bathroom were atrocious!! They were so threadbare you needed 2 or 3 to dry off after a shower. The rooms may have been remodeled, but they obviously did not replace towels with newer ones.
We were traveling with 2 other couples and tried to sit out on the patio area in the evening to enjoy some of the wine we had purchased that day. However, the smell from the trashcan was so overwhelming, we couldn't stay out there. They really need to stay on top of that, especially with the hot weather we have been having.
The breakfast in the morning was adequate, but nothing to write home about. There were scrambled eggs, but no sausage or bacon to go with them, only sausage gravy to pour over biscuits. When you serve scrambled eggs, you really need something else to go with it.
Probably would not stay here again. We are Hilton Diamond members, and usually stay at Hilton properties, but this one just does not measure up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your loyalty as an Hhonors member. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into housekeeping issues. We have replaced the towels you mentioned were a little dated and have addressed the outdoor trashcan with our maintenance team. I’ve passed on your feedback about the breakfast offerings to our culinary team who are always looking at enhancements for guest dining experiences. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!