“Great hotel and people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
St. Paul, MN
“Great hotel and people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very nice staff - friendly - always asking and offering if there was anything we might need. Breakfast area was nice and open and clean -- PLUS we noticed they kept putting new hot food out right til the end. (Often if a breakfast is over at 10:00 hotel staff start putting food away at like 9:59 - so if you arrive at the last minute there are just scraps left -- not here -- they kept putting hot food out until people had enough). Free coffee available anytime of the day or night.

Room was clean -- and I am a clean and smell freak, so I definitely notice if it doesn't smell right This place smelled good. Also there were duvet covers instead of bedspreads so I know they were washed. Wi-fi was easy to access and fast. All in all a terrific trip.

Room Tip: I'd stay on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. I hope we will see you again soon. Have a great day !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

we attended a wedding in St. Joseph along with the entire family-@18 adults and young children, many from out of state.
The accommodations were clean, and ample. Due to the heavy registration, some of the larger rooms were already taken but the staff did work with everyone to get a good room fit. Requests were taken care of right away (i.e. cribs), breakfast room was able to accommodate all of us along with 3 other family parties without feeling crowded. I was very impressed with the service from the front desk, breakfast staff, and housekeeping. Although the hotel was totally full the staff treated everyone in a relaxed and timely manner. The staff helped make our family time a memorable experience. We enjoyed the pool and the location was excellent. We had a great experience. I would recommend for a family event.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will see you again soon. Have a great day !
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed for one night while driving the Michigan Wine Trail. Must be an older Hampton Inn. The lobby was very small, just enough room for the check-in desk. The rest of the lobby was taken up by the breakfast eating area. Rooms were nice, might have been redone since hotel was built, BUT, those towels in the bathroom were atrocious!! They were so threadbare you needed 2 or 3 to dry off after a shower. The rooms may have been remodeled, but they obviously did not replace towels with newer ones.
We were traveling with 2 other couples and tried to sit out on the patio area in the evening to enjoy some of the wine we had purchased that day. However, the smell from the trashcan was so overwhelming, we couldn't stay out there. They really need to stay on top of that, especially with the hot weather we have been having.
The breakfast in the morning was adequate, but nothing to write home about. There were scrambled eggs, but no sausage or bacon to go with them, only sausage gravy to pour over biscuits. When you serve scrambled eggs, you really need something else to go with it.
Probably would not stay here again. We are Hilton Diamond members, and usually stay at Hilton properties, but this one just does not measure up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your loyalty as an Hhonors member. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into housekeeping issues. We have replaced the towels you mentioned were a little dated and have addressed the outdoor trashcan with our maintenance team. I’ve passed on your feedback about the breakfast offerings to our culinary team who are always looking at enhancements for guest dining experiences. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn for the last 4 years in a row around this time of the year. The hotel is dog-friendly and we bring our Golden Retriever. We've always had great service and the rooms are clean. The continental breakfast is good and plentiful. The front desk clerk informed me that they are being renovated, and I can't wait to see the hotel next year. Nice sports pub right next door, too!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for the first floor--easy access to outside area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a great day !
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am loyal Hilton member and typically a fan of Hampton Inn......this is probably the nastiest Hampton Inn I have stayed in. The rooms and beds need to updated....not much more to say. Service was great, breakfast was fine but it was hard to sleep in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I would like to start off apologizing to you for not enjoying your stay at our Hampton Inn. We want all of guest to be satisfied with there stay. I am excited to inform you that our hotel will be going under renovations starting this fall.
Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

An older Hampton Inn that could use a little updating – especially for the price they are charging. Front desk staff was very nice/helpful and the included continental breakfast was good. It is close to the highway and our room was on that side - it was a little noisey but not so much to affect our sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff is nice and go out of their way to do whatever will make your stay exceptional. If you stay at Hampton Inns you know that you can always expect a certain level of quality and comfort, and this hotel does not disappoint.
Our king bed was very comfortable, including the sheets and duvet cover on the comforter. Plenty of pillows. The room was clean and neat. Plentiful towels in the large bathroom (no vent fan in bathroom). Nice big newer TV; a good-sized work desk; free wi-fi worked fine.
Complimentary coffee in the lobby was delicious. Breakfast was great, lots of variety.
Pool was clean, water temperature perfect, pool towels available and plentiful. A nice touch in the pool area-- lounge chairs all neatly in a row with clean, folded towels draped over the top, ready for the next guest. Nice 5-star hotel touch!
I would happily recommend staying in this hotel. However, I would not want to stay in a room on the noisy, highway side of the hotel, so I recommend asking for the parking lot side of the hotel, if available.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106 which is on the parking lot side of the hotel (quieter than the highway side...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Hampton Inn. I hope you come back to stay with us again. Have a great day !

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!