“August Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“August Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn for the last 4 years in a row around this time of the year. The hotel is dog-friendly and we bring our Golden Retriever. We've always had great service and the rooms are clean. The continental breakfast is good and plentiful. The front desk clerk informed me that they are being renovated, and I can't wait to see the hotel next year. Nice sports pub right next door, too!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for the first floor--easy access to outside area.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comment you made about our hotel and staff. We are looking forward to your next visit. Have a great day !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am loyal Hilton member and typically a fan of Hampton Inn......this is probably the nastiest Hampton Inn I have stayed in. The rooms and beds need to updated....not much more to say. Service was great, breakfast was fine but it was hard to sleep in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I would like to start off apologizing to you for not enjoying your stay at our Hampton Inn. We want all of guest to be satisfied with there stay. I am excited to inform you that our hotel will be going under renovations starting this fall.
Scottsdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

An older Hampton Inn that could use a little updating – especially for the price they are charging. Front desk staff was very nice/helpful and the included continental breakfast was good. It is close to the highway and our room was on that side - it was a little noisey but not so much to affect our sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The staff is nice and go out of their way to do whatever will make your stay exceptional. If you stay at Hampton Inns you know that you can always expect a certain level of quality and comfort, and this hotel does not disappoint.
Our king bed was very comfortable, including the sheets and duvet cover on the comforter. Plenty of pillows. The room was clean and neat. Plentiful towels in the large bathroom (no vent fan in bathroom). Nice big newer TV; a good-sized work desk; free wi-fi worked fine.
Complimentary coffee in the lobby was delicious. Breakfast was great, lots of variety.
Pool was clean, water temperature perfect, pool towels available and plentiful. A nice touch in the pool area-- lounge chairs all neatly in a row with clean, folded towels draped over the top, ready for the next guest. Nice 5-star hotel touch!
I would happily recommend staying in this hotel. However, I would not want to stay in a room on the noisy, highway side of the hotel, so I recommend asking for the parking lot side of the hotel, if available.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106 which is on the parking lot side of the hotel (quieter than the highway side...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hotel5050, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Hampton Inn. I hope you come back to stay with us again. Have a great day !
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Front Desk staff were perfect. I have no idea why, but Hotel prices in this area are quite high. This Hampton was mid way in pricing.

Fairly good size rooms were clean and comfortable. AC / Heat was very quiet and effective. Microwave, Fridge, and Flat Screen TV with 48 Channels. There was no actual Business Center, although a Computer and Printer were in the Lobby Area, and it had a very nice atmosphere.

The work area in my room was pitiful. Very tiny round table with one available outlet under the table. Only enough room for the computer. Spilled a bottle of water on the computer, and knocked over my coffee in the morning. Trying to work was a disaster. The free internet connection was fast & reliable.

Bed was clean, crisp, and comfortable. Sleep was good every night.

The Bathroom was medium size, but the layout made it seem very roomy. Water pressure was good, with enough hot water. The non-slip tub was nice.

Breakfast was the usual Hampton quality. Excellent choice of hot & cold items, and what’s most important to me, it’s on time every morning. There is a Meijer across the road, and fast food close by.

Even with the tiny work area, it worth returning on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am happy to let you know we are getting ready to start remodeling the hotel this fall and the round tables will be replaced with desks.
Oswego, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay. The location of the hotel allows you to easily access tourist sites without being near too many tourists. The hotel is about 30 feet from the highway so staying on the parking lot side is much quieter. The pool is small, clean and efficient and geared toward the business traveler who wants to take a quick dip rather than a pool for children. The staff were among the friendliest and most helpful we have encountered at any hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast offered a wide selection of both hot and cold items and all were delicious. We enjoyed this hotel so much that I am almost regretting giving it such a good review because it may be harder to get a reservation when we return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn and I want to personally thank you for the wonderful comments you made about our hotel and staff.
Have a great day.
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is situated by the freeway and nearby Meijer. This hotel is an average older Hampton inn. I have been to many Hampton hotels that are more modern and enjoyed the luxuries feel. This particular one has an older look and no mini fridge or microwave in the room. There is no gym either, but when i called the front desk to check if they have the gym in the hotel since i didn't see any sign, i was told that they offer a free pass to nearby gym which is appreciated although i didn't take the offer since it was getting late and didn't feel like going out. I only stayed at the hotel for a night, so that wouldn't be a problem. Didn't check out the pool, so no comment on that.
Their breakfast is typical with many different items to choose from.
There's a restaurant next to the hotel but that's about it, no other restaurants or retail nearby except Meijer.
Overall, it was an OK stay, i probably would look around some other hotels next time i have to visit St joseph area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hotel5050, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am excited to inform you our hotel will be adding a work out room during our renovations. Have a great day
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevensville
Comfort Suites St.Joseph / Stevensville
Boulevard Inn
Boulevard Inn
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
4.0 of 5 stars 178 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!