“Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Arkansas
“Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed at the HI for 3 nights on business. Overall the property is nice and clean. The guest rooms are average. The complementary breakfast was good and the beds were very comfortable. I found the staff to be very friendly. There was usually hot coffee and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby...that was a nice treat after a long day. There is not a fitness area, but if you have time make a trip to the beach...you will do a lot of walking in the sand and down the pier.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here for the first time this year; it was our second trip out to St. Joseph. We reserved a King Study. This hotel was SPOTLESS! Front Desk staff was Very Friendly and had warm cookies waiting for us when we checked in around 4PM. It is hard to find a property that will allow you to bring your Furry Friend and they welcomed her with open arms. Once they found out she was with us they relocated our room to the main floor so it would be easier to take her out. They had a business center with a computer and printer available in the main lobby that was free. Large Flat Screen TV so you could listen to the news during breakfast. Breakfast daily until 10AM, Scrambled Eggs, Belgium Waffles, Hard Boiled Egg, Assortment of Cereals, Oatmeal, Muffins, Bagels, English Muffins, Toast, Apple and Orange and Juice, Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate. They had a nice lady attendant that made sure everything was sparkling clean and replenished at all times. They had small tables for couples and larger ones for families. Free Wi-Fi. Copies of the daily USA Today paper available in the lobby. Built Indoor Pool with outside sitting avail. The outside of the property was spotless too! Easy access off of I-94. It was a PERFECT STAY! We will definitely stay there again when we go back to St. Joseph area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Clean and friendly staff. Very helpful tips on where to go (eat) and what to do (sand dunes, walk to beach from town, where parking is free!)
Pool seemed clean and bigger than most H.I. pools. didn't get a chance to use it but would have had we had more time.
Breakfast was plentiful - stocked with yogurts, breads, teas and fruit (though the fruit salad looked better than it tasted)
rooms clean and comfy beds. A/C went on and off, perhaps normal for regulation of air?

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Spent a couple of nights at the Hampton Inn while on a business trip. Here are some of the positives:
Good breakfast (Complementary)
Internet connection was good for my business needs after work.

The biggest negative for me was that they don't have a gym at the hotel location. They do give you a coupon for a gym but that is 4 miles away. This was a total put off for me.

The reason I selected this hotel was that it was close to the client office that I had to visit. It met all the criteria I had for it but for the absence of a gym, had I known in advance I would have probably not chosen it for my stay, though all other things were par for the course.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Disappointed. I booked 2 rooms and asked for adjoining rooms. Every other hotel where I've made that request has been able to provide either adjoining or nearby rooms. Not here. We were on different floors.
Our room smelled of cigarette smoke - though our daughters did not. Neither room had a fridge - another first for us in U.S hotels. The bathrooms were clean and so were the rooms, though the towels and quilt had seen better days.
I didn't feel I got good value compared to other chains, e.g. Residence Inn in Holland, Comfort Inn in Ann Arbor or any of the 5 others we stayed in on this trip.
First time in a Hampton - and definitely the last.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Booked 2 rooms at this hotel six months in advance for a special occasion. Had a confirmation number confirming it. Called to confirm my rooms a week prior and guess what.............. NO ROOMS!!! Told two different stories from the hotel staff as to why there was no rooms. Bottom line had to book two rooms 50 miles away. THANKS A LOT HAMPTON STAFF I WILL LET THE WORLD KNOW!!!

Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The staff is extremely friendly. Every time we walked past the front desk or a staff member we were greeted, even the staff member who was in charge of the breakfast greeted us. The breakfast was above average for a hotel. The pool area was clean and well maintained. Our room was very clean and smelled fresh. Only downfall was the double beds we slept on... too small.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn St. Joseph I-94? Share your experiences!