“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Stevensville to your Saves list
Super 8 Stevensville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4290 Red Arrow Highway, Stevensville, MI 49127   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cheboygan, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were heading home from a vacation and were worn out. Saw an exit that had a number of motels listed and decided it was the right location to spend the night, regroup, and make our final push for home. Super 8 in Stevensville is working very hard to redecorate every inch of their motel and are doing an excellent job. Our room was very clean, so very, very calming with the soft colored walls (instead of the usual white), and new headboards. The bed was ever so comfortable. Shower pressure ideal. There was a fridge and microwave. And the breakfast in the morning varied and delicious. Plus their prices were reasonable for which we were very grateful. The staff was always pleasant and willing to help us in any way they could. My husband and I would definitely stay there again when we are in the St. Joseph area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am so happy to hear, you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you also for letting us know that our renovations are both pleasing to the eye and comfortable.
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My room was spacious and had all the functional amenities I needed. The water pressure and temperature was HOT unlike a lot of other motels. It was in a quiet area and the bed comfortable. The location was SUPER near stores and the expressway and close to St. Joseph. The room though could have had more light and a bigher desk for a business traveller but all in all a very nice functional place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Super 8 Stevensville. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and will take your suggestion of more light and a bigger desk into consideration as we continue to renovate the property.
Verandagirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for business and was pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews. I did ask for a "renovated" room, and it was very comfortable.

Kathy at the desk was very pleasant, and accomodating..as I popped in to see if I could check in before work so I wouldn't have to mess with it after work. No problem...(thanks Kathy!).

My stay here was more than satisfactory for the price, and I will be staying here again, as I am coming back to Stevensville for work in a few weeks.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 302. I would be happy to have that room again when I return in October.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Laura G, Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Super 8 Stevensville. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forwarding to being able to accomodate you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I never post reviews but we stayed at this hotel this past weekend & while it's older, it's not as horrible as some of the reviews present. The staff were very pleasant & did not hesitate to let us check out early as our trip was cut short due to weather.

Our room was clean, had a small fridge & microwave as well as basic cable. We got a low rate through the hotel's website. You get what you pay for & while this hotel is on the low end of the budget, it was sufficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura G, General Manager at Super 8 Stevensville, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are an older property as you stated and are an economy hotel. We will continue our renovations and will continue to give you friendly efficient service.
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

On the website, you see a relatively new hotel. (See photo). However, when we stayed there a week ago, we got a room in the "Bates Hotel" ("Psycho" move reference). Short story: there's a very old '70s or worse section-- so don't let the pretty website photo fool you. On arrival, I hauled our luggage (no elevator) up the stairs through a doorway into a dark hallway with a couple of "pop" vending machines, old "Brady Bunch" paneling, which lead up about 14 stairs -- those being thinly covered by "gawd-awful" outoor-type carpet. Upon entering our room, I was greeted by the smell of faint urine. The odor became worse when I got to the bathroom. There, I saw about 8 "spots" I hoped were stains. They weren't. I cleaned one off in a minute. My question is why weren't the stains cleaned before we arrived?). Oh, if you are Martian and love a lovely green tint to your television screen, you'll love this place. Short story: I'd put up a tent in a parking lot before I'd stay in this dump again.

Room Tip: Go find another hotel. There appeared to be a nice one across the street. I wished I'd know.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I do wish you would have voiced your concern while at the property and given us an opportunity to correct the problem. The property is over 30 years old and has been built in several stages. We do have an exterior section as well as a modern two story interior corridor section. Websites only allow so many pictures to be uploaded. The website photo's are of the actual property and our representative of what we have to offer.

Been to Super 8 Stevensville? Share your experiences!