“Absolutely horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Stevensville

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Stevensville to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Stevensville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2601 West Marquette Woods Road, Stevensville, MI 49127-9326   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Stevensville
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I never write reviews, but this was by far my worst hotel experience. In our first room, when I pulled the cover back, the sheets were covered in a brown substance and spots that looked like dirt. Turns out someone had left a dip cup on the box spring and it spilled everywhere. Apparently, the staff failed to notice that. Our second room was damp and smelly. No one offered any kind of discount for the disgusting first room or asked how our second room was. The breakfast was not bad, however, I will never stay here again in my life.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I would avoid this hotel if possible. We stayed here with our family for a wedding. The hotel rooms were pretty run down and I had my very first experience with bed bugs. I woke up in the morning and noticed to small bed bugs and ended up with about 100 welts all over my body.

There were newer looking hotels down the street. I'd strongly recommend staying somewhere else.

Belleville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We arrived at check-in at 11:00 p.m. By midnight, it was apparent that the air conditioning in the room was not functioning; it kept turning on and off, and did not cool the room. It was very warm and stuffy in the room. We went down to the front desk and were told that they could not move us because there were no rooms available. We used our cell phone to call the hotel to ask about availability, and were told that there were many rooms available. We are not sure why they lied to us and did not want to move us.

There was also a prostitute working out of her room 3 doors down; all during the very wee hours of the night (midnight to at least 3 in the morning). Yes, prostitute. She had the deadbolt turned so that the door would not close all the way, and would yell for the men to enter when they knocked on the door. Unbelievable.

We contacted the corporate office, which then just had the hotel call us. They said that they would give us a 30% discount for the next time. Hilarious - - not going to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

At 12am, the fire alarm sounded on the 2nd floor. My husband went to the lobby to find it full of people from down the hall waiting on management to figure out what they were going to do. The rooms down from us had leaking sprinkler heads and their rooms and the hallway were filling with water. My husband overheard them saying they may shut the sprinkler system down (which is illegal), but we were just too tired by then to really care. The whole hotel smelled of body odor and the heat had to have been on. It was hotter inside than outside. Our room was clean and nice, but the trip back and forth made us cringe. Breakfast is bread items, waffles, cereal. It was a usual contintental breakfast. The staff was friendly. There are restaurants very close by, as well as a Meijer. The pool is clean as well as the hot tub. If I had a choice, I think I'd choose another hotel next time.

Room Tip: I would stay as close to the lobby as possible so you don't have to walk through the smelly hall...
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were here for an extended weekend with another couple. The rooms were comfortable, with a small refrigerator and microwave. The indoor pool has a small patio attached which was nice, as we were able to sit outside in the evening. It is about a 15 minute drive to Saint Joseph and Silver Beach, which was the intent of our trip. The staff was extremely helpful whenever we needed anything or had a question about the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Peoria, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Please do not make the mistake of staying at this hotel. Not only is it true that it is dirty, run down, and smelly. But at least one of the housekeepers is a thief! On our second night there I couldn't find a sundress I'd packed to wear for dinner, nor could I find a top I was sure I packed. I thought "maybe I'm just losing my mind" and left them at home accidentally. Well....I got home today and the dress and top are nowhere to be found. Gone! Vanished! I called the hotel and spoke with the manager. He was very rude and condescending! He kept interrupting me and trying to assure me that none of his employees stole my items. My bag came straight from our vehicle to his hotel and back to our vehicle, nobody else had access to it. It's not so much the missing dress and top that bothers me. It's the fact that somebody went through our things and hand picked items that they wanted. I have stayed in so many hotels and NEVER had anything come up missing. Now I wonder if I'll trust a housekeeper to ever come in my room without me present again? So disappointed and violated!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Morris, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've stayed in most of the hotels in the area while on numerous visits to the local beaches, and the Baymont is near the top. Pretty much standard, no surprises. We've always had clean rooms here. The pool is alright. Standard breakfast, plus a large lobby for entertaining guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Stevensville? Share your experiences!