“Yummy Surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries
Detroit, MI
“Yummy Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were camping in the area and on a trip to Meijer to get a new air mattress, we ventured to this place. Pastry was really good. Kids had cookies that were average.

Huntsville
“Unsurpased Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This place is a must-stop for all fans of bread and pastries. We sampled the strudels, croissants and breads. All were great. We had coffee, scones and croissants and sat and watched the throngs of happy people come in and leave with big loaves and bigger smiles. Go there!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“prices please!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have gone to this place two years in a row and I walked in and right back out this year. I gave them the benefit of doubt last year that maybe they were in the process of reorganizing their store but no a year later they still have NO prices on any of their baking items. So I would have had to wait for them to wait on the 4 customers in front of me before I could ask prices. What, you expect your customers to see the what a hundred different items and go around and ask every price? I will walk into a store and pay 3 times the amount of money for something that I want when I want it, IF they have prices on them but I refuse to shop stores anymore that don't have the consideration to put a darn price tag out so we can know what to expect. By the way this is the first time I have EVER given a poor review to anything!!!

• Visited August 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything is so tasty you just can't get enough and it's impossible to decide. Everything we have ever had is excellent.

Visited July 2013
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
“As good as I remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This trip was the last trip to my childhood home. One of the few places I wanted to visit and see was Bit of Swiss. The memory of those cakes are legendary. I walked into the shop and was given an appropriate amount of time to look everything over. I ordered a white cake with their cream frosting. YUM. I had not eaten breakfast or had a decent cup of coffee in quite a few days so the cappuccino was ordered. It was so good. I had a apple danish too. Wow. I have to say this was everything I remembered. The pastries were amazing and the coffee was great. It was a struggle to keep people from eating the cake so that my husband would get a piece of cake.

The staff is not friendly or very helpful. Sadly this is the only reason I did not rate it a 5. The prices are in line with the product they are selling, but someone needs to teach the ladies behind the counter that smiles can be contagious. Better yet it won't break their faces.

• Visited July 2013