You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights to your Saves list
Save up to 10% Today!
Clarkston, Michigan
“YUCK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

When I opened the door of the room I was hit with an awful smell, I went and bought some cleaning wipes and cleaned the room. After cleaning the room I washed the cutlery / dishes and noted that about half were missing and food was left (from pervious guest) in the cupboards, then I realized that the reclining chair was broken, I spoke with the deck clerk and was moved to a different room that I had to re-clean and again found the kitchen only ~ half stocked. I travel for business ~ 200 days a year and stay frequently @ extended stay this by far was my worst experience with his chain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Tim - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's high standards and that there was an odor too. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am reviewing our inventory procedures with the entire team so our rooms are fully stocked each time a guest arrives.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at dsh@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Klodiana is the guest representative at the Canton extended Stay America hotel location. She always makes my stay a great experience. she has an excellent desire to help the guests, and had a woman and welcome attitude

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hospitality and service you received from Extended Stay's associates. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Muriel was very helpful and a very nice lady. Wish there were more people like her. The room was clean. Not alot of noise. If I come back to Detroit I will stay here again. Overall it was a very nice experience. I will tell all my friends about it.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is nice to read that you were pleased with the overall hospitality you received from Muriel and our staff. I am glad you found the rooms to be clean, quiet, and comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Jaime checked me in, she was very friendly and treated me as if she knew me which made me feel comfortable and at ease. Mark and his staff the next day were friendly and wanted to know if I needed anything just call them, I had made some seafood in my room and sandra was extremely helpful in helping me eliminate the smell . My next visit to detroit, I will be staying here. Great staff and great treatment made this a great experience!

Room Tip: Just tell them what you want and need they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that our staff made a lasting impression on you, especially Sandra. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property and felt comfortable enough to want to return again next time you are in town!

Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Maybe my expectations were too high. I was hopeful that the $25 lower rate wouldn't translate into much of a difference compared to a slightly more expensive hotel, especially with all the positive reviews of this hotel. I should have taken pics to demonstrate and support this review. I stayed on a Friday night (late July) and the noise level of the guests was fine, although walls and doors didn't do much to quiet the movement of people around the floor. There are MANY areas of the hotel that just needs more attentions when cleaning! Corners and edges of floors everywhere in the hotel have dark dirt build up showing a lack of cleaning for long periods of time (if ever). In room, generally did not feel anything was really all that clean. Smells of "used to be" smoking room, burn marks of furniture, old sink with bad crack repair attempt, wrinked carpet over flooring with dips and holes in subfloor, painted over lifting and cracking in prior water damaged corner of room, stained sheets, and more stuff just not feeling clean. Didn't want to take of my shoes. Towels were the thin sand paper kind. Flat and weak pillows.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and had a slight odor. As well, I apologize that you were disturbed by noises throughout the night. In response to this feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning and deodorizing procedures. I will also work with the entire staff to enhance our action plan when handling noise complaints so other guests are not affected by this issue in the future.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dsh@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice hotel clean rooms easy access to the stores in the area.Staff is very nice and professional .Muriel at front desk always has a smile on her face always willing to help.Great hotel would come back to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a terrific stay with us and thank you for your comments.

I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean, and our staff professional. We strive to create a warm feeling "Home away from home" environment for each of our guests!

Once again, thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great hotel. Very clean and the staff is very helpful and always cheerful. Lots of stores in the area, easy access to get to. Muriel at the front desk always has a smile on her face and a terrific good morning. Good place to bring a family to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
The team and I appreciate your warm remarks. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our front desk staff, especially Muriel. I am glad you found our location convenient to stores, and entertainment in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!