I stayed at the Best Western Sterling Inn on a solo visit for one night. The location is perfect for where I needed to be. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the surrounding area. When I checked in I was advised to pull around to a specific entrance, and when I did I found that this was the area where employees spent their breaks smoking. I'm a non-smoker, and having had to sign a paper at the front desk affirming that I understood that this hotel was entirely non-smoking I resented having to wade through the cloud of smoke to get inside.
I did not use the water park feature of the hotel at all. I did decide to order "room service" from the attached Loon River Cafe (I think that was the name). I had read some poor reviews, but it was late, I was alone and hungry. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a Southwest Pork Salad. I was wrong. The pork was what I consider inedible. It tasted old or "off" - not fresh! I was afraid to eat it in the end. Had I been sitting in the restaurant I would have sent it back to the kitchen, but since it had been delivered and I had paid for it already, I just left it alone. I was mad at myself for being too lazy to go out and choose something I'd have loved and that would have cost a lot less. I can't recommend the restaurant at all.
The room was ok for my needs. The TV was a nice big HD model and the bathroom was thoughtfully designed. I probably would not choose this hotel again, especially since the water park does not interest me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Sterling Heights Michigan, just 1 mile from Warren and 15 minutes from downtown Detroit, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn is a full-service hotel committed to providing the best in customer service and amenities at an affordable rate. Guests staying at this Sterling Heights area hotel will appreciate being close to a variety of key corporate facilities including BAE, TACOM, TARDEC, GM TECH CENTER, Chrysler, as well as Detroit attractions including the Detroit Institute of the Arts, the Joe Louis Arena and the Oakland Mall.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn offers a wide variety of amenities to ensure a comfortable stay including a 24-hour fitness center, full business services, meeting and conference facilities accommodating up to 2000 people and a grand ballroom. Guests will also enjoy the heated indoor deluxe water park featuring a 5,000 square foot swimming pool, three-story water slide, Lazy River, Bubble Seats and more! The hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each fully-equipped with 42-inch flat screen televisions with cable satellite and HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Sterling Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Sterling Hotel Sterling Heights
- Best Western Sterling Hotel
- Best Western Sterling Heights
- Sterling Heights Best Western
- Best Western Sterling Inn Heights