“Really nice bar, great place for dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Cos Cob, Connecticut
“Really nice bar, great place for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

On a business trip recently I stopped in to have dinner at the bar by myself. The bar staff was really friendly, the food was good, and the bar was busy but quiet, which was perfect for me. The bartender poured a very nicely sized glass of wine, and the restaurant has wifi so I could Facebook with my friends while I dined. It was a welcome end to a very busy day of work.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bay City, Michigan
“Gone downhill recently”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This one restaurant has really gone downhill recently.

This last time I was there, it took them 3 times to get my order correct, and even then it was not perfect; it was still overdone to my liking. I talked with the manager who was there, and they blamed it on problems with the kitchen staff.

It was almost an hour between the time I walked in and the time that I got something edible. This is way too long. No apology, no discount; just excuses.

I used to go there more often, but will not be going back soon.

On the plus side: They got the sidewalk repaired since the previous time I was there.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Early Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stopped for dinner with family and were treated very well by the staff. Menu as changed since last visit and now includes the salad bar with all entrees. Previously, there was a surcharge for the salad bar. I noticed the prices were increased in order to cover the salad bar so I would not consider it "free". I dont like salad bars in general so I wish they would offer a price without it. Food was fine and plentiful.

• Visited July 2012