“Noisy but clean room” 3 of 5 stars

Last Minute Deals!
Toronto, Canada
“Noisy but clean room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. We found it quite noisy the first night due to people arriving late, banging doors, closing dressers, walking. Noise carries easily. The heating/cooling system was noisy. The room we had was large w a whirlpool tub, in the main area. The gym is basic with the heat turned to 73...far too hot to work out properly. The girl on the desk came and turned on the a/c, on request. The bed was not comfortable. The price was not remarkable and we would consider other Hamptons before returning to this one. Our bathroom sink would not drain and we requested it be repaired..it drained somewhat better later but needed more work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oakville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and got a great rate from hotwire. We were very pleased. It was at a great location, close to the mall, costco, walking distance - less than 10 minutes - to a grocery store, Applebys, Outback, McDonald and more. The staff were so friendly, including front desk, housekeeping and the people working the breakfast. The breakfast was pretty standard for a complimentary breakfast but, the eating area was clean, the staff would make sure there wasn't anything you needed and the hotel offers complimentary fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. We didn't use the gym. The pool is outdoor only. The room itself was clean, great bed/duvet, my husband was pleased about the brand name flat screen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pecatonica, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for four nights. I was upgraded to a whirlpool suite for my diamond status.
The room was very spacious and clean. My bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast was typical Hampton. The breakfast area was well stocked and clean.

The only negative I have is the heating and air conditioning. Since there is not a thermostat, it was difficult to get the room at the temperature that I wanted.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently for an extended long weekend. My room was spotless. Enjoyed the complementary breakfast. Location is close to shopping and restaurants. This was my second stay at this Hampton Inn and I will go back

• Stayed September 2012
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

They are under construction. Wasn't aware till I checked in. They were fairly quite after 9 though, so no issue this trip. Only complaint I had was the maid threw away my $10 dollar razor one if the days with the soap that was in the shower. A d haven't been upgraded to a new room in the last couple of stays even though I am a diamond member.

• Stayed October 2012
michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here on business for one night this week. I did not know they were completing renovations when I booked my stay. Upon arrival, I could see that the lobby area was under construction. The front desk associate told me that the rooms had already been completed so I was excited to see the new look. Unfortunately, eventhough they say they have renovated their rooms, the decor is still outdated and boring. I could not see much of a difference from when I had stayed here a couple of years ago. A huge negative is that the heating/cooling system has no thermostat so it is impossible to get the room to the desired temperature. The most dissappointing part of my stay was the bed. It was so uncomfortable which is not typical of Hampton or Hilton properties. Honestly, I travel all the time and I could not sleep at this hotel because I was so uncomfortable between the horrible bed and the heating/cooling system not having a thermostat controlled system. This was the worst night's sleep (lack of sleep) I have had in a while. Another problem was with the housekeeping, the bathroom floor tile was not cleaned properly. Another small detail was that the hotel did not acknowledge my HHonors Diamond status and they did not put the usual complimentary bottled water in my room. I had to go back down to the front desk to get this. I could have complained to the hotel and with their 100% satisfaction policy but I did not want to lose credit for my Hilton Honors stay or the points. I do not recommend staying at this hotel if you have the option of choosing the new Hampton Inn Chesterfield or even the one on 23 Mile Rd. in Utica. Both of those hotels will offer you a better nights sleep than this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very cordial staff, helpful, courteous and friendly.
Rooms are a bit small but they do have fridge and microwave. Everything was as expected and worked well.
Business center was well stocked and the computers were fast.
Typical Hampton breakfast.
This is a good stop for a business trip to the East side. The area has restaurants etc but would not be a good stay for vacation time. I will use this location again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!