“Brought the entire family, aunts, uncles and cousins” 5 of 5 stars

989-654-3552
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Standish, Michigan
“Brought the entire family, aunts, uncles and cousins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Had a great meal and great drinks! 22 of us and The food was fantastic. This is a must do every year!

• Visited October 2013

Midland, Michigan
“Better than Frankenmuth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited for Thursday dinner and had an excellent meal. They serve both Southern Fried chicken and stewed chicken. We tried both and both were juicy and flavorful. The homemade mashed potatoes and gravy and dressing were very, very good. I tried rhubarb sauce, which was good, but a bit sweeter than I prefer. The coconut cream pie is excellent as well. They serve food for those who don't want chicken, such as steak and seafood, and have a full bar. We will certainly return and recommend making the stop off I-75 to try Iva's.

Visited October 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“Yummy, old-fashioned style fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Iva's on our way up north. We used a Groupon offer and were not disappointed. If you're looking for elegant, white-linen service then, no, this is not the place for you. BUT, if you want delicious, down-home cooking and chicken like your Grandma made, then stop here for great food.

My husband had the chicken luncheon plate and had a taste of everything. I got a great deal by choosing the "you decide" option with two pieces of chicken and two side choices. It was more than enough. They had other, non-chicken choices, which we will try another time, because we are definitely going back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmore
“Great chicken dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great family style chicken dinner, chicken was excellent good soup, cabbage slaw was the best. Waitress was very nice came back often to see if we needed refills. Got pie to take home and that's homemade and really good. We will go back when we are in area for sure. This place is better than Frankenmuth!

• Visited August 2013
Clarkston, Michigan
“Must Have Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stopped here on the way from up North via a faded billboard on I-75 South. It is 4 miles off the freeway. It is tucked in this little tiny town called Sterling. Their claim to fame is southern fried chicken in cast iron skillets. I could stop at outstanding but I will fill you in on the details. Dinner is $15.00 a person but that includes soup, biscuits with real butter and honey, relish plate plus choice of potato. It's all fantastic. More than you could ever eat. My husband had that and me and my son for $6.00 had chicken, potatoes and 2 sides, which was way more than enough. Gravy and biscuits where beyond, beyond. Pop is served in mason glasses and they have a full bar. The whole town was there. What a hidden gem. Been there for 70 years. Here is the kicker , we were the last ones in practically and on the way out this guy hands us hot chicken to go for free as they were done serving. Bonus-unbelievable.We bought pie to go, homemade crust and all. Forget Frankenmuth, go to Iva's for the very best fried chicken . I can't say enough about this place.

• Visited July 2013