“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Southgate
Muskegon, Michigan
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I’ve stayed at this hotel multiple times during the years and I always have an excellent stay. I recently stayed this past week to attend a conference, and from the moment I arrived at the hotel everyone was happy to see you and willing to help.

When I walked in the front door of the property the front desk instantly acknowledged my arrival and welcomed me to the property. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I walked down to the lounge that night before heading off to bed and Mike in the lounge was great!

Breakfast was outstanding. Fresh hot food waiting for me on the buffet and Rebecca was great.
After I left my conference and was about two hours away, I realized I had forgotten a folder of work documents at the hotel. I called the hotel and Alexis was able to find my paperwork and I asked her to mail it to me (this was the only copy of the very important paperwork that I had). The next day the paperwork arrived at my office FedEx next day service. I was so shocked and so grateful for her service and help. GREAT JOB ALEXIS!!!

The entire staff at this hotel is amazing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank You Mark, for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. Your comments were greatly appreated. We very much pride oursleves on giving world class service to all of our guest. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. We truly appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Katie and Alexis made our stay very enjoyable and relaxing. They went out of their way to help us out of towners out find some good spots to eat and relax.

The rooms are bright, clean and well maintained. The stuff is very cheerful and helpful. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments on our hotel and the front deask staff. We really appreciate your business. We look forward to see you again when your in the Southgate area.
Ortonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The room had the bonus of a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave, which is why I generally stay at a Holiday Inn while traveling. There is a bar/lounge and a restaurant off the hotel lobby. I had a good hot buffet breakfast each morning. The wait staff were friendly and prompt. The hotel has a very large pool, small hot tub, and an exercise room, which I didn't have the time to use on this trip. Check in and check out were very efficient and timely. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly, courteous and professional.

My only complaints would be the lack of attention to detail. The wall paper was peeling above the door in the bathroom. When I took a shower, the water came out of the bathtub spout and the shower head at the same time. Even though I had the lever all the way over to "shower," water continued to come out of the bathtub faucet also. There were no plugs to be utilized at the bedside. I had to charge my phone and other devices at the desk across the room. Also, I was awakened several times by the sound of the furnace turning on in the night, even though I sleep with ear plugs. The room temperature was never consistently even. Some areas of the room, like near the window and the desk were cold, while it was warm near the bed and bathroom. I was in room 288 and could hear the expressway traffic as I worked at the desk. This also provided me with a view of the parking lot and the expressway. I would recommend an odd numbered room to place you more on the interior of the building and away from the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room to place you on the interior of the building away from expressway traff...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thnak you for your feedback and your business. WE take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodtions. We are sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We hope you give us a chance in the furture to show how great are hotel is. We will be remodling very soon. Thanks again for feedback!
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recentley stayed again at this hotel, one of my favorites. The staff is above and beyond expectations, speedy check in and out, taxi arraingments, room upgrades etc. They were well versed to the community with excellent directions to air port , resturaunts etc. The public areas pool, hot tub, lobby, halls were in good condition. I received a free upgrade to a Jucuzzi room and it felt wonderful, Returaunt was a 10 for dinners and breakfast buffet. Definitley on my "A" list

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced! The clarion in Romulus is a lot cheaper with great rooms! But we were okay until a bunch of kids checked in for some tournament and all they did was run and play up and down the hallways ALL night. Our calls to the front desk did no good because it never stopped, so we checked out early and went to the clarion! I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: None! I hate the fact that my calls to the front desk did no good! Because those kids ran all night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Lalanicole,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise during your stay. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Clarkesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for an overnight and the service was excellent. They were very accommodating and helped us in making for a pleasant stay. All staff is extremely friendlyl and eager to please. Our room was fine and just in need of some freshening up in the bathroom and decor. Breakfast had a nice variety and the biscuits were yummy. Thank you for a nice visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel with some business associates as part of a group meeting at a local company last September (2012). So when I had to return to the area for meetings in Dearborn and Ecorse, this hotel was close to both places. To summarize:

The staff at check-in was the most friendly and efficient at any hotel I've experienced. You can't even get in the door (automatic door, nice, when you have bags), and they are greeting you. Recognize Priority Club status right away, nice.

Coffee in the lobby by the fireplace, nice.

Business center in the lobby with 2 computers, nice.

Free bottle of water at check-in, nice.... recently Bill O'Reilly ranted about hotel charges for water!

Housekeeping had very good manners, nice.

Room was clean, bed comfortable, and had a choice of pillows!

Managers Reception in the lobby, now that was nice.

Charlie's Chop House restaurant, pretty good. Free Buffet Breakfast, nice.

Certainly no complaints here, and I'll stay here again. For several years I have stayed elsewhere when visiting Detroit (never downtown), but this is now a first choice.

Room Tip: The hotel is pretty big, my room was pretty far away from the lobby, so that was my exercise program...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center? Share your experiences!