“Man V. Food: Detroit, eh?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Southgate
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Phoenix, Arizona
“Man V. Food: Detroit, eh?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

On our way back home to Cleveland from Detroit, we decided to eat here for dinner. My friends and I had watched Man V. Food: Detroit, starring Adam Richman, which really inspired us to give this place a shot. The bartender working was pretty friendly, and cute, but not efficient enough. The bar was pretty slow on business, and she didn't tend to our needs as well as we would've hoped. My friend tried the ghost chili hot n spicy burger, which was no good. It was so nasty, he couldn't even finish it. I ate a double deluxe, which was average, but nothing to write home about. My other friend had a burger as well, which he said was "good" as well. The beer selection was amazing, however, the prices were very affordable, and the place had a really neat atmosphere. Overall, it was a pretty good place, but if you are looking for something exceptional, this isn't your place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lincoln Park, Michigan
“Always a good stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We never had a bad meal here the food is alway more than you can eat the service is always friendly and good. The bar is big and a good place to hang out with friends and family and watch a game or just enjoy time together.

Southgate, Michigan
“Great sportsbar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I've been to this sportsbar numerous times and the thing that brings me back is the food. The pizzas are really good and the all u can eat fish fry on Fridays is well worth it. Good selection of beer on tap. There are tv's everywhere so you won't miss any of the action. This place was on man vs food as well....if your in town for a sports game or on I75 on your way north definitely worth stopping in and grabbing a bite to eat.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grosse Ile, Michigan
“Prime Rib tasted like Spam-Manager wanted to fight”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Ordered the King Cut Prime Rib and it had a very odd taste to it, more of a lunch meat taste than a premium steak. After much proding by my family, I informed the server and she took it back to the kitchen saying that she would tell the manager. I had eaten about 1/4 of the meal. When she brought me the bill, I noticed the prime rib still on it and asked her about why it wasn't taken off, she said that the manager said she couldn't, but if it was up to her she would have. I asked why the manager had not even come out to talk to me about his "decision" she just apologized. After searching the entire restaurant to find the manager I finally had the greeter go get him from his office, he aggressively approached me in the middle of the restaurant, I calmly asked him why he felt it necessary to leave the meal on my bill, and was it true that he said I had consumed too much of it to remove it. He then stated that he was going to but...he's not now and he didn't appreciate the way I was talking to him, taken aback and completely surprised by his statement as I was being very composed, I proceeded to tell him that I would never patronize his establishment again, to which he replied "Good, now get out!", keep in mind during the entire discussion we had, the manager had his chest puffed out and only inches away from mine, similar to what I would expect from a cage fighter before a match. As I turned to leave the restuarant he muttered under his breath that I was lucky he was on the clock! I have NEVER had such abusive and blatently offensive behavior from a front line employee, no less a manager in my life. The service was good and attentive and others in my family enjoyed their meal but, I strongly suggest if you do visit, you make sure you have your boxing gloves laced up to deal with that manager, and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ORDER THE PRIME RIB.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Big burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

Very busy place! Very friendly. Avg service. The burger was over cooked & dry compared to others. Appetizers were good, homemade chips cold beer!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere