“Hungarian Rhapsody still singing” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hungarian, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Kerrville
“Hungarian Rhapsody still singing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I went to the Hungarian Rhapsody. We love visiting places like this. Upon arriving it was exactly what we expected a restaurant doing Hungarian food and doing its best to keep the Hungarian heritage alive and it was packed. No need for a res but lots of folks eating. In between courses I looked on various rating sites. The Rhapsody had many reviews that were old and all over the shop. From Great to Suck. Good Service to Horrible service. I am writing this review to tell you that. We had great food, service was great. We ate a bit late in the pm so the carpet had a few crumbs, but none the less it was a great experience. 2 of us ate exactly what we wanted, with dessert and sodas and it came to 37 ish tax incl. I strongly recommend this place and order Hungarian. Enjoy "Red"

• Visited December 2012

86% Recommend
Bridgman
“Two Fair Experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been to a wedding shower and a family reunion here, both of which were adequate. The facility itself looks nice cosmetically, but coming in the back door from the parking lot everything looked old and used and not as polished as up front. The food was good but not great, the staff was pleasant, but this isn't a place I would return to on my own.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not for handicapped!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Fell in men's room. Pounded on walls no one came to help. Spoke with two (unifentified employees) with NO help or empathy at all. A complaint will follow with State of Michigan for lack of pull bars and broken toilet seats in men's room! Not a good experience.
Food very poor!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Metro-Detroit, Michigan
“Authentic Hungarian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The restaurant was very clean, and the waitstaff were very nice, friendly, and helpful. The food seemed authentic and good, and our guests who are of Hungarian descent agreed. We ordered 4 different entree's with 4 additional empty plates so we could all sample different foods. The waitress was very accomodating with our request. I heard the comment "just like mom used to make" quite a few times. I would say this is a great family style restaurant for this style of food. Could use some updating with the decorating, even though very clean, I get the feeling it has looked the same way for quite awhile (seemed a little dated), although this was my first visit. I would recommend this restaurant for the food and service, if Hungarian food is what you are craving. This restaurant came highly recommended from a friend.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maumee, oh
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

The sign says only "Rhapsody" and the location, about a mile off I 75 doesn't stand out. Once inside, the look is traditional, 1960, quality, clean, fresh with a great kitchen, authentic food and several dishes done about as well as anywhere imaginable.

Prices are moderate, service perfect. They don't to stroganoff ever day, something worth calling about.

It is that good.