“Horrible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate

Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate
You added Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate to your Saves list
Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   18777 Northline Road, I-75 at Northline Road/Allen Road, Exit #37, Southgate, MI 48195   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Southgate
“Horrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The worse placed we have stayed on our trip so far. Half the lights in the room didn't work or even had light bulbs. Only one set of towels and no little shampoo/ conditioner (collect them for our kids). Tissue box was empty, toilet seat was a differant color then toilet and the bathroom door you had to lift and wrestle with to get it to close. If we weren't so tired from driving we would have gone to a different hotel. Never showeres and checked out in the am so fast.

• Stayed August 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear 4rponyz - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the maintenance issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in this motel in July. The woman at the desk said that they would not take any checks. Usually, in this case I ask them to phone the manager and he always says traveller's checks are OK. In this case he said no. This is the first time this has ever happened at a Motel 6. I use travel checks because if I use my Canadian credit card they skim off an extra commission to convert from US dollars to Canadian dollars so this always bugs me. The motel was also next to the freeway and our room was missing some furniture. They had some cookies in the morning which was nice tho.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

There are lots of Motel 6's throughout the USA, as there are a wide variety of 'users'. This one is better than average, locally managed and not 'corporate' - so the wi-fi is 'free'. Yes, our access was poor to non-existent at the start, but the helpful receptionist re-set 'our' modem, apparently there are six on the property, then it was fine.Our room was clean and more than acceptable, enjoyed a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed here in late December 2012. All was okay and was what we expected. The room was clean but some of the fixtures are becoming dated.

We had a very difficult time with the Internet. Also, the room next to us seemed to have people coming and going all night long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice, affordable and great service! Close to home and always stay there for a little getaway. My husband and I randomly get a room locally instead of vacationing. Since our budget is low, we get a room for a weekend just to get away from home.
Thanks for everything.

Room Tip: I always get there jacuzzie room just to relax. Nice and affordable!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ludington, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you want to stay at a nice hotel do not come here. Unless you want horrible service, run down rooms, and managment that dont care about noise and drinking. I would not EVER stay here again. I think they just want the money and dont care about service whats so ever

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Southgate hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Been staying here for work last 3 weeks, week one found 2 bottles of pills behind the nightstand and a small needle for checking blood sugar in my bed. Week two, different room shower pressure was so low I could have cleaned better with the sink. Week three, i just found a crack cocaine pipe in the room. I didn't know what it was until I took it to the desk where multiple people informed me and I promptly washed my hands. ALL of the rooms were filthy as if cleaning is a weekly event if that. Staff has a hard time speaking/understanding English. Wifi is broken all the time, if work would pay for a better place I would leave ASAP. Do not stay here. Motel 6 on northline road in southgate Michigan

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate? Share your experiences!