“The Candlewood Suites Hotel was absolutely gorgeous and clean!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
“The Candlewood Suites Hotel was absolutely gorgeous and clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My stay at Candlewood Suites Southfield-Detroit was from August 30th till September 10, 2013. Everything about my stay was magnificent! The staff was on point about everything I needed, also friendly with a geniune greeting and smile! Not fake at all! A very CLEAN establishment! The Manager Kevin was very professional and attentive along with Brian who was the same! Talk about Hospitality at its best! KUDOS to the entire STAFF! I loved the suite I was in! Every time I walked into my suite it would always smell so good and fresh! Housekeeping was very accommodating to me. My bedding was tip top clean during my entire stay! The decorative furnishings and layout of my suite was like an exclusive apartment! Whoop! Whoop! LoL... When I had family/friends over they were impressed. The only thing they didn't have was a swimming pool & jacuzzi. But that was ok, because they made up for it with all the other amenities they have. The Gazebo with a beautiful Grill and utensils available upon request. Free laundry use and a "Cupboard Store" with a Honor System! "WOW!" Nice exercise room also. Free movies DVDs and VHS and Books to rent. I was visiting from Honolulu Hawaii and I would stay here again IN A HEART BEAT! My review rating for this particular Candlewood Suite Southfield-Detroit is a BIG FAT 100%! Aloha & Mahalo from the Hawaiian Islands! Until we meet again..... *Darryl Willis* $mile ;-)

• Stayed August 2013
Melissa C, IHG Listening Champion at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your experience here at the Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield was such a great one! We strive to make sure every guest has a great experience and feels like we are their home away from home. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am staying in this hotel right now. Believe me when I say that I would leave the hotel if had a chance to look for something else. For me the most important thing is cleanliness, especially when you are going to be in the same room for 4-5 months. Its been a month here, and what I have noticed is that they never vacuum the carpet, change sheets or wash clothes. Also, they never clean behind the door in the bathroom. My hair are always there. House keeping is absolutely HORRIBLE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I do sincerely apologize about the issues that you have encountered during your stay with us. I would love an opportunity to amend this with you. We have already spoken with our housekeeping team and going forward I believe we have resolved these issues. I am in the office Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. again I would love to be able to turn your experience around for the remainder of your stay.
Piscataway, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was not a clean place. It was suppose to be newly renovated. But our first room smell like smoke. So we had to move to another room. The second was a lot better. We got a great deal on the price. We came to Detroit for my cousin wedding. But we came a few days early so we could see family. The wedding was 45min north of Detroit and we stayed at another hotel. I will never stay there again. I recommend not staying at this hotel. We stayed here June 2010.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Donald T,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had in your room and deeply regret that your experience was not ideal.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is a 3-story with an inside elevator and everything appeared clean, quiet and first rate! The room was bright and cheery, with a comfortable bed, a great recliner and lots of space to stretch out. My kids and I enjoyed the small, but nicely equipped fitness room. The hotel is located between two freeways (Lodge and I-696) and very convenient - and no street noise! And the staff is wonderful - ready to help and extremely knowledgeable. I picked up a directory of Candlewood Suites for other states - They seem to be well equipped and well priced!

Room Tip: Our room was great and we didn't have any specifics in mind. I think folks can relax when choos...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for the wonderful review. We do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to let others know what a positive experience you had. Have a great day!
Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I live in the local area and decided to check this place out for fun. Everything was newly renovated and seemed to be relatively clean. The major cons I experienced were the uncomfortable matress/flat pillows, along with the fact that they don't have good curtains. Most hotels have black out curtains and this place only had the thin see-through ones. So as soon as the sun came out in the am I was miserable. I only stayed for one night so I don't have much say so on how the cleaning services are. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, it was nice to have a kitchen inside the unit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
First let me apologize that you found our mattress and pillows to be less than satisfactory. We do have black-out curtains in each room housekeeping does push them all the way back so to let light in an unoccupied room. I am sure there is a way to continue to light let in while also making the black out curtains more visible. I do hope the next time you need a night out, you will give us a chance to fix the minor imperfections in your last stay.
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love this place. I stay here whenever I am in the area. The workers are nice and very helpful. Mary is the best. She was my tour guide for a whole week. The sales manager is is a very nice young lady that will work with you on price if you need to stay for a long period of time. I tell everyone about this place and the service that I receive. This place is great and one of the best hotel stays I have had in Detroit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
That is awesome! Your experience with us is what we strive for with each and every guest. Mary is a great GSR and a great addition to our team. We look forward to your return visit to the Detroit- Southfield area. : )
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I waited for a few days before reviewing because I did not want to give a bad review before I thought it through. The staff, especially Mary was exceptional..polite prior to coming and gave us the same pleasantries when we arrive. The hotel met and exceeded all expectations but it is not the best place for just an overnight stay or a few days. We literally got 0 sleep because of the noise level on the 3rd floor. Apparently the extended stay folks come in at all hours of the night making a lot of noise. I understand that they probably have paid a lot of money to stay at your hotel but they certainly have not paid to be inconsiderate of others. I felt like a step child because our stay was only for 1 night so we were not as important as others who paid more. We are planning another visit to Detroit to see our sister but I am not sure if we will stay there again. Big shout out to Mary.

Room Tip: A good choice for an extended stay but not for a weekend visit. Request the 3rd floor so there will...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for the unpleasantness you encountered during you stay. I would love an opportunity to show you that our short term guests are just as important as our long term guests. We value all of our customers as well as providing a nice clean and comfortable establishment. We would love for you to return to our hotel in the near future.

Been to Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield? Share your experiences!