Tucked back in an area of secured corporate offices; shopping center down the block is shuttered with only a dollar store open festooned with food stamp folk at the door. Truthfully I am leary of anything close to Detroit and I just want to be reassured from the start that I am really safe. No close restaurants just a couple of gas stations. Didn't like that.
Room was adequate but my husband hated the fact that there was only one foot distance to the wall on his side of the bed. His issue? He bets that that area never gets vaccuumed......I thought the room was clean but he didn't like what he couldn't see. The room was very nicely renovated. (except for the towel rack that was ripped from the wall) Shower was weak.
My real disappointment was the laundry, which is BTW free, gratis, no extra charge. This was really why I choose this motel over another because we have been travelling and I wanted to use my downtime wisely and get our clothes clean. I was up half the night! The first washer didn't work (no sign) and one of the dryers didn't work either! I had to keep running up and down and up and down to check and reload and check again. What a hassle.
While the operators running this unit are not doing anything wrong, per se, I just didn't like the location and the free laundry turned out to be a curse and not a blessing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Home to Comfort at the Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield. Situated just outside the Motor City in the heart of Southfield, our property is the ideal location for business and leisure travel. In the midst of a city that boasts 27 million square feet of office space and home to Federal Mogul, Eaton Corporation, Lear Corporation, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network, Virchow Krause and Nortel Networks, our location appeals to all area business travel. As an all-suite property, our hotel offers the coziness and contentment of home. The Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield proudly offers full kitchens, The Comforts of Home Bedding Package , extensive workspace, complimentary high-speed internet access and laundry facilities, and a complimentary on-site fitness center. Southfield offers more than office parks and corporations. Our city is home to several parks, colleges and universities, indoor and outdoor recreation, and minutes from some of Detroit s premier attractions and venues such as MGM, Greektown, and Motor City Casinos, The Detroit Zoo, Ford Field, Joe Louis Arena, Comerica Park, and The Henry Ford Museum. The Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield is also near dining and entertainment options and within minutes of shopping.Our property is adjacent to I-696 and M-10 (Lodge) freeways, and minutes from US-24 (Telegraph) and M-39 (Southfield Freeway). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield Hotel Southfield
- Candlewood Suites Southfield
- Candlewood Southfield
- Southfield Candlewood Suites