“Typical Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Wisconsin, United States
“Typical Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It was a little small but lobby and dining area were very nice. Room was a typical Embassy Suites room. It had a mini fridge and microwave with small table. As expected and pleasant. We stayed here because it was cheaper than downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us, thank you.

Our location to downtown Detroit is ideal, it's quick and easy.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you visiting when you coming into the Metro Detroit area again.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grand Rapids MI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for a convention in Detroit. The facility was clean, quiet and convenient to restaurants and getting downtown to Ford Field, even with the road detours. Staff was pleasant and friendly, breakfast was busy, but well done, little waiting. Would stay again. rooms show some wear, though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We love hearing from our guests and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I see you noted that the property was a little dated, we understand and are very happy to say that the hotel will be going through a full renovation coming in the next few months. It's an exciting time at the hotel and the team is anxiously awaiting the details to share with our guests.

We look forward to your next visit while in Metro Detroit.

Otsego, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed for three nights,Thursday through Sunday. Our room was very clean and spacious. Everything work! The free happy hour (5pm.-7pm) was a total surprise, yes they offer rock bottom liquors and domestic beer, with some cheese and crackers, but it was FREE people! You don't see that anywhere anymore. Breakfast was more than the usual fare, my only disappointment was that on Saturday and Sunday it didn't open until 7am. and we had to leave at 7 each morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Good day and thank you for kind words and review. It's very gratifying to find our hard work is paid off and hear from our satisfied guests.
Our property thrives on training and customer service and to see it's paying off it awesome.

MIddleville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and had read several negative reviews before we got there so I was skeptical. I shouldn't have been! It was excellent. Our room was very clean and we loved the bed...very comfortable! It was very quiet too. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Every where we went in the hotel the staff greeted us, from housekeeping to the dining staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! And I understand they are having a major renovation soon. Am very impressed overall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Michael,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very pleased you gave us a chance even after what you saw online. Unfortunately, we cannot control everything that goes onto the internet and when a guest has a challenge our team members are empowered to make it right prior to their departure.

Yes, our property is older, however we thrive on our customer service training to ensure guest satisfaction. We are very excited to say in regards to the property we will beginning a $7m renovation very soon.

Michael, again thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit.

Warren, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. great pool and lovely people. We loved the room, reception, breakfast and pool, Hot tub was bubbly but could have been warmer. Embassy Suites are awesome and Southfield Embassy Suites was up to par plus. Will stay again if in area

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Good Day,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have our engineering department looking at the hot tub, we do our best to keep it at a suitable temperature and they will figure out what happened.

Should I be of any assistance during your next trip to our area, please feel free to contact me.

Southfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was on a weekend getaway leisure trip and the hotel staff offered us a quiet room away from a wedding party. I felt that gesture was very thoughtful and the room was very quiet. The ice machine on our floor was not functioning, but that was minor and we just went down a floor to get some. The staff was very courteous and the Breakfast was served hot and delicious with various items both cold and hot to choose from. I was very impressed! I would definitely stay at the Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our team was able to accommodate your requests that ensured a terrific weekend.

I do apologize about the ice machine, our engineering department is on top of it.

We look forward to your return.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The front desk staff is probably one of the unfriendliest staffs I have dealt with when checking-in. When I arrived for check-in at 3:45pm, they had one person at the front desk. I was second in-line and it took about 5 minutes before the front desk agent was done with the first person. I did not get any kind of "we will be with you in a minute" or no apology for having to wait in-line. All I got was "are you checking-in." Check-in is at 3pm and after finally getting up to the desk to check-in at 3:50pm, I was told my room wasn't ready and it would be about 15 more minutes. I went back 20 minutes later and this time I was third in line. It took almost 15 minutes to make it to the front of the line to check-in. Again, no apology, nothing, just "are you checking-in." As far as the room itself, it is your typical Embassy Suites room. Breakfast was good. Nothing really right around the hotel for restaurants but within a few minutes driving, you have several choices. Checking-in is always one of your first impressions of a hotel and I was 100% not impressed and most likely will look at another hotel for my next trip to Detroit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

If you could please contact me directly, I'd like to follow up with this even further to investigate when you checked in so the specific agent can receive additional training to improve this service.

I can be reached at anytime gail.major2@hilton.com or 248.350.7007.

Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you,

Gail

Been to Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!