“Good, Solid Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Mesa, United States
“Good, Solid Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at the Embassy Southfield a total of 8 times in the last year. Generally speaking it is a good solid stay with little to no troubles experienced. Their kitchen is pretty good, although their menu never changes at night. The complimentary breakfast is well stocked and staffed by decent Chefs. (no waffles though) But if you have business north of Detroit, its handy to several freeways and a quick trip north from Metro Airport.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night in mid-August while in Detroit for work. I am an HHonors member and usually stay at Hampton Inns for the price/quality, but this property had a great rate, especially for a full suite!

I can agree with other reviewers on the A/C, as it wasn't optimal but it kept the room at a moderate temperature (it was unseasonably cool this week). The staff was friendly and professional, the room was clean and well-maintained, and the common areas were also clean and neat.

London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Above average service. Newly renovated lobby and clean suites. Highly recommend for its excellent value Complimentary breakfast was excellent with all staff very polite and professional. Close to downtown Detroit and extremely accessible to downtown attrctions

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice place but you cannot control the thermostat in the room and it gets very hot in the summer months. When you walk out of your room you are met with a wall of heat from the Atrium. Did not sleep very well. There are other quality hotels in the immediate area of which I will choose from next time.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by a few things at our hotel. I want to personally apologize if the thermostat in your room was not working properly. I sincerely apologize if this inconvenienced you in any way and I thank you for bringing this up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our maintenance crew.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Gail M.
Port Jefferson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel was convenient and good value and service. The dining areas were a bit messy. the staff was helpful in directing us to the Ford Museum. I would have preferred a duvet cover instead of a blanket on the bed--I am never sure how often the blankets get washed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Portland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff that checked me in was very helpful and considerate for the reason I was staying (my father had passed away). However: I booked the stay using points, but when I arrived the room was booked on my credit card. I had to call and arrange for the stay to be booked again using my points, then cancel the other reservation before using the points stay. It would be much improved if I could have booked using points online without the extra steps.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have stayed here for business 3 times in the last year--rooms are starting to get rundown. Well situated, close to main roads and breakfast is ok. Will not stay here for my next visit. Will likely check out Marriott properties in area to see if they're any better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Been to Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!