“Stay Away....Far Away from this Dump” 1 of 5 stars
Review of A Victory Hotel

A Victory Hotel
You added A Victory Hotel to your Saves list
A Victory Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23300 Telegraph Road, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Northeast Ohio
“Stay Away....Far Away from this Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

This place was an absolute dump....and that's being kind. All rooms are supposed to be non-smoking. When I opened the door to my room, a major smoke smell greeted me. There were 2 ashtrays left in the room also, but at least housekeeping emptied them out before my arrival.
The room was very small, I think a queen sized bed would have been the better choice for the room instead of a king since there was so little room to move around. The tub in the bathroom leaked water onto the floor when I was taking a shower. not to mention the shower was cold as well.
I also think that some area residents make this hotel their home. Around 1AM, I heard a couple of ladies screaming profanities at one another for some reason right outside my room.
My rate for the room was not good either....$70.00 for the night. I'm just glad I only had to stay there that one night. If I had to stay there another night, I would have looked for another place to stay. I'm glad the conference I was attending started at 9AM because I had to checkout of my room early. When you are ready to checkout as soon as you arrive at your hotel..you know it's not a great place to stay.
About the only thing I liked about my stay was the free continental breakfast. You can make your own belgian waffle.
If you have to stay in Southfield, Michigan even just for one night don't stay at this place, find somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
AVictory, Public Relations Manager at A Victory Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2010
Well over 21,000 guests per year, stay at our hotel and we are very disappointed that your experience has not been as the 20,999 guests that had a satisfactory stay at Days Inn – Southfield.

We thank you for your review and comments; we will look into the matter and make the necessary corrections if needed. Unfortunately, we do not know which room you stayed in or for how many days. We inspect our rooms daily and have a General Manager that is available 24 hours 7 days a week.

We also would like to extend an invitation to visit when our rates are lower. Our rates are base on demand just as our competitors. All guests are entitled to get satisfaction. Therefore, we encourage all of our guests to ask for the General Manager who is available 24 hours daily.

We hope that you return to Southfield, Michigan and that your next visit is a pleasant one.

A Victory Hotels Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband-to-be took me there on March 26th, 2010 for my birthday weekend. We got the jacuzzi room #129. I thought the room was tightly spaced but cozy. I don't have any complaints.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
rateese
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

First off the staff was the nicest I had come across! Room was very clean and the breakfast was adequate. A LOT better than the other hotels in that area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Toledo, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

Driving from Columbus, OH I was pretty tired by the time I arrived. As I put my truck into park and glanced at my surroundings I noticed 3 different windows with eyeballs poking out from behind the curtains...trying to remain unseen! LOL Then I took a closer look and realized that I had pulled into the parking lot of hell! Not only were there the three 'peepers' nervously peeking out their curtians...but also what appeared to be 2 drugged out people pacing back and forth on either end of the side-walk watching me ! igiggled, threw the truck in reverse and found my way to the "Hawthorn Suites" on Central Park! I got out of my truck just fine and have been very comfortable and cozy evey since ;)
*fyre

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor quality as far as enviornment
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

I could not even stay here, it was that filthy. The sheets and blankets had short, curly hairs all over them, the mattresses were stained with blood and other fluids, the bathroom was not clean and had hairs in the tub. Cigarette burns were everywhere. They put us in another room but it was worse. We left and stayed at a very nice Holiday Inn down the street.
When I contacted Days Inn corporate, they said that this motel was independently owned and did not reflect Days Inn quality. I will never stay at any Days Inn motels no matter what!

Stayed March 2007
detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

Good Pride
Nice Room
Very nice employees

• Liked — good price
  • Disliked — room was a little small
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

The best thing about this hotel is its' convenient location. It's old and hasn't been renovated in years. There are actually chain locks on the doors! That could have been tolerable, but the showers have black gunk and grime oozing from the crevices. Also, flies come in through small holes around the vents/windows into your room. This wasn't an anomaly - I was in two different rooms, and they both had the same problems. The hallways were hot and smoky. I would say that this place is worth maybe $35-$40 a night, but definitely not $69.

Been to A Victory Hotel? Share your experiences!