Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27500 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Hampton Inn Detroit / Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was traveling for business-the stay was okay. The front desk girl was very busy (only one person at the desk) so I know it was not her fault for the long wait. I used to work for Baymont and they only staff one front desk clerk per shift (usually).
The fire alarm ran out of batteries in the night so it began to beep and woke me and my co-worker up(Not Baymont's fault, I understand this was not in their control). We called down to the front desk and the gentleman working the night shift did not know how to change the fire alarm batteries. He offered us another room instead. I appreciated the offer but found it odd that he did not even know how to change the batteries! Perhaps he did not have access to any at the time, but in the future the desk clerks should know how to do this! We ended up just disabling the alarm for the night and it was changed the next day (big thank you to maintenance!)

As I said before, I've worked at a Baymont and love staying there because I am familiar with the brand. Just need to make sure the front desk can do basic things like changing a fire alarm's batteries and perhaps looks into having more than one person working the front desk if the hotel is planning on being busy.

Room Tip: Doors for the stairways are rather heavy and slam hard - try to get something away from the stairs i...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Southfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Thia was a lower end hotel that clearly took.on a Wyndham name it waa not very clean, shabby in appearance and not a good example of most Baymont inns and suites. I am a priority member and was very disappointed will not visit this location again there are some very nice locations I have visited before ans will return to those instead

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Casey C, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am sorry for your disappointing stay with us. As you could see, we are finishing up a complete renovation. I am certainly not making any excuses but I promise you that once we are finished, this hotel will be one of the nicest Baymont hotels in the system. We are all working very hard to correct any and all issues and feel very confident that we'll a top performer soon. I can only ask that you visit us again in the future and let us prove to you that we have addressed the problem areas at the hotel.

Casey C
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I will give you the highlights on why to avoid this place:

Room was a "renovated room", but the lamp shades were soiled, and there was a hole in the wall. Additionally, the lights did not work and hairdryer in bathroom did not work, though they did send someone rather quickly to fix the broken items. The hole remained in room. We also had no desk chair in room and had to ask for one. The furniture seemed mismatched like a sofa table was big used as a TV stand. On the first day after coming back to room we had no towels neither replaced nor given any more soap. (We had three adults in room and they gave us only one small bar for use in both sink and shower.) Also on first night there was an abundance of noise in hallways. The next morning when asked about security they said they agreed it was noisy and indicated they kicked people out at 3am, but what about at midnight?? Why did they wait to 3am to get peace and quiet?

A/C worked horribly. On the second day we had no housekeeping service what so ever. We never given an explanation why, except some relatives also staying at property indicated they never received housekeeping either. We asked to speak to manager that night and they said he would be on property in morning. In morning they said manager was not coming in and he would call the next day. He never called. The doors to rear of property did not open as the card readers are apparently broken. My dad is handicapped and people were using handicap spaces in front of hotel that did not have handicap markers on car. The back of building would have been the easiest entrance given there was not closer parking then the back in evenings, but since the doors did not work we had to walk all the way around the property to get to front to walk back in and to the back.

When we never got call from manager back we called property and was told he would call. He never did so we call the corporate office which is looking into this disaster of a property. Anyway, no matter how good of a deal, or convenient (which was our case) to why you are in Southfield do yourself a huge favor and avoid this property with all costs!

Room Tip: If the renovated rooms were that bad I would hate to see what the old rooms look like, so I would re...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I want to sincerely apologize for not fulfilling our obligation of giving you the best stay possible. We are still finishing up our renovations and have some fine tuning to finish up. I promise you that we are doing everything we can to get the renovations completed and get the hotel back on top where it should be. We know that we can all do better and we have no doubt that this hotel will win back the loyalty of our guests. I ask that you give us another try in the future and we will prove that we have corrected all of the issues.

Casey C.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Extremely pleased with my stay.
Very clean, and great prices for LTU students!
Close to everything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment on Trip Adviser. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to having you back!

Casey C.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit? Share your experiences!