“Good Service Lives” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit

You added Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27500 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Hampton Inn Detroit / Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Lakeland, FL
“Good Service Lives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here at the Hampton Inn. Everyone we met with a smile and only too willing to help wherever needed. The staff is as friendly and accommodating as one would find anywhere--better than most places these days.

Room Tip: The only thing that keeps this review from being excellent all the way through is the handicap room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Southfield during your recent visit to Southfield. I am overjoyed you had such a great experience! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are continuously striving to improve our service and accommodations and we thank you for the feedback so we may continue to serve you in the future. Please come back and visit next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Celina, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Clean. Bed comfortable but poorly made---rumpled. Great breakfast..... oatmeal, waffles, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese, sausage and bacon, fruit. Terrific
staff! ---quite friendly and went out of their way to be helpful..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to comment on your experiences at our hotel. I am pleased that most aspects of your stay you enjoyed but am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with the presentation of your room. I will most certainly follow-up and share your comments with my staff members so they can improve our guests' overall experience. Thank you again for providing this feedback so we can improve our services for future stays at our hotel. Please don't hesitate to come back and stay with us.
Elmhurst, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We got in late (2am) after a long drive from Chicago. The check-in process was ok (not the friendliest staff). We arrived to our room, which was supposed to be non-smoking, but the room smelled of smoke. Our "lock" on our door (the one that you can only lock from the inside so no one can open your door) was ripped off the wall. Random people called our room several times looking for "their friends." The windows are not sound-proof at all- we heard everything going on outside. We have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past, but we will NEVER stay at this one again. It was a big let-down!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. The problems you mentioned regarding our rude front desk staff and the broken lock on your door have been immediately addressed. I am very sorry about the smoke smell in your room and have asked our housekeeping staff to freshen up the guest rooms. We appreciate you bringing this to us and we hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Arlington, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The property is typical of Hampton Inns: comfortable room and furnishings. It also has a large indoor pool and provides a substantial breakfast bar with varying hot food choices. What sets it apart is the attitude of the staff, which is uniformly helpful and willing to go out of their way for those staying there. My brother and I stayed for six nights and wanted a refrigerator in our room. When we checked in, they said all were in use but they would get us one as soon as one became available. The next day one was put in the room. Another time we came back in the afternoon before the room had been serviced wanting to spend some time in it before going out. The woman working a couple of rooms away saw us and asked if we wanted her to do our room right away. We said yes, and she stopped working on the other room and serviced ours.

Some reviews have said it is hard to find and their GPS got confused. The directions on the reservation confirmation are accurate, so if you follow them you will find it without much trouble. Those directions say driving from the Detroit airport to take I-94 east to US-24 (Telegraph Rd.) north. That is the most direct route, but hardly the fastest since Telegraph has a fair number of traffic lights. It is faster to either a) continue on I-94 east to M-39 (Southfield freeway) north to M-10 North (towards Lansing) to Telegraph north, or b) I-94 west to I-275 north to I-696 east to Telegraph north. Either of those is completely on freeways.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of one of the wings, low 100s in our case, should be quiet. Other rooms may be.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer S, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed the hotel and our excellent staff. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed one night there while en route to Chicago on Aug,3,2012. Everything is fine, hotel is clean and everything was nice. Shower and toilet are clean, the bed and the linens are clean and had a sanitized smell. However, only thing we complaint about was the loud noise from the top of our floor which there was a large party at that night. We cant sleep until 4am due to people talking loudly above us. The freakiest part was we had one guy which was drunk banging at our door 7am in the morning and asking for his friend, I have call the front desk and it has been take care promptly.

Room Tip: Do select the top floor if you can so you can have a great sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you and your experienced. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel is located in remote location....but this is par for the course in Detroit area. You have to drive everywhere....but lots of free parking available.

Requested and assigned a "quiet" room on upper floor. Room was located immediately next to a secondary exit/entrance. Could hear door banging when someone entered or exited. First night sleep was not too bad....bed/pillows were really, really comfortable. Second night a very loud group was assigned a room opposite mine....kids running in hallways, banging doors etc. made it impossible to sleep before midnight. So basically there was too much noise in the halls and you could hear everything. It always amazes me that hotels cannot improve on the hallway noise, install better/solid doors with quiet closing mechanisms and ask guests to be quiet after 10 pm.

No bottled water in rooms. No in-room safe but front desk staff were very helpful and put my documents in safe-keeping at reception. Great water pressure, big flat-screen TV. Free Internet worked like a charm (YAY). Breakfast was included and pretty good...started at 6 am...eggs, bagels, cereal, pancakes, juice etc. Good coffee!

The excellent staff and the free Internet made me want to give this Hampton Inn an extra star...but the property is basically just average.

Room Tip: Upper floor...away from noisy entrance/exit doors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we value your opinion. We are glad you enjoyed breakfast and internet. We do also have safety deposit boxes at the front desk and offer complimentary bottled water at your request. I hope you are able to take advantage of these if you are in the area again.
Rockford, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for three nights June 1-4 2012. The first problem was with the size of the rooms. I had 5 registered guests in what was supposed to be a two queen bed room. Beds were not queens they were "fulls" at best. Looked like twins to me. Secondly laundry facilities-only the washer worked. Who can wash clothes without drying? It said contact front desk for other options. They didn't care. Third and most importantly were charges to my credit card. I had prepaid using hotels.com. When I was browsing through my bank account online I noticed there was a charge of $130.16. I have made SEVERAL calls to get this resolved. The first night was on my fiancee's credit card. They told me it was a mistake and that they charged my card instead. Well upon researching, my fiancee's credit card was also charged. I was told they have refunded the money to my card. This is 3 days later from my initial contact and still no credit has been forwarded onto my card. I have called and called. Accounting person was supposed to call me between 9 and 10 am this morning. it is now 11:30 with no call. This charge has caused my account to be overdrawn for more than a week. I'm getting charged $7 per day by the bank. They want me to fax a statement by the bank saying this is true. So I get to fax my bank account information to God knows who. If it takes 4 days to credit an account I can never end up with a positive balance which means I'm going to be out of pocket $7 for however many days it takes to credit it back to my account. Eventually the bank is going to freeze my card. I will never stay at a Hilton owned Hotel ever again!! I promise you that!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer S, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience with the billing error that occured during your stay. After correcting the issue, it does depend on your financial institution and can take up to 5 business days to be reflected into your account. Again we apologize for the inconvenience, and were more than happy to assist with your overdraft fees. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. If you do need anything else, I would be happy to take your call at (248) 356. 5500. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to the Detroit so we can provide nothing less than a great stay for you.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites - Southfield/Detroit? Share your experiences!