“efficient-very clean-helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
west chester, United States
“efficient-very clean-helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great place for me to stay when i am doing business in Detroit. They have the amenities i need when i travel, it is almost as good as home. The work out facilities have all ones needs to get a quick excerise in, food and nice place to sit outside is cool too. Since i have been there more than 5 times this past year, they greet me as though they know me. Kudos Kim

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Warren, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

1.) I needed a handicapped room but they were all booked. I managed to take my shower without falling. 2.) Re: the Bathroom, the shower head could not be adjusted & made things very difficult every night! I reported it when I checked out. 3.) When I first arrived, there were hairs on the bathroom floor. I didn't report them, just threw them away. Housekeeping was much more thorough the next few days. 4.) Doors & walls were paper thin. Could hear even low conversations. And kids running through the hall & yelling to one another was very loud. There was also much noise from the room next to me. No voices. Just sounds like furniture being moved around & things being fixed, like pounding on the wall. Usually about 7 or 8 pm all 4 nights. Maybe there was some repairs or construction going on. Never asked. 5.) Even though I asked for help at the desk to connect my Smartphone to the WiFi, they never succeeded. Every time I came down to the computer room, it was full. My friend who brought her laptop had no problems. Will do the same next time. 6.) Refrigerator was barely cool. Asked for another one & it was pretty much the same. Tried to ask the maintenance man some questions, but he didn't speak English. 7.) Mattress lumpy & lower on one side. But my other 3 friends said they slept fantastic on comfortable mattresses. On a positive note.... The Staff were all delightful! Our driver, Mike C. was full of information & very helpful. The Greeter, Corey, welcomed us with a big smile & worked hard to make sure we knew where everything was & how to access things we needed. And it was nice to have someone who was not shy & seemed quite intelligent for his young age. We had several insightful conversations. Though I didn't use it, my friend said the Pool was great. They also took advantage of the Happy Hour & said their half-price pizza was delicious! Would have liked a few more options for our "free" breakfasts. Too many sweet things. Being a diabetic, I didn't partake of anything for the time I was there. But all in all, it was a pleasant stay. If you have some problems, they're happy to try & resolve them. I just didn't speak up on all the issues, as we were there for a convention & they had a hotel full of people who may have needed help more than I did. OH... And though it's not on their list of local restaurants, I wholeheartedly suggest a place called "The Ram's Horn" on 12 Mile Rd., about 5 min. from the hotel. Food was so good, we went 2 nights in a row! Friendly staff & great prices! Everything tastes homemade, with huge portions. Enjoy!!!

Cincinnati Oh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good value, excellent service and comfortable amenities. However, it is too noisy on weekends due to unruly number of party guests attending weddings and youth events. I recommend a week day stay when these events are not taking place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Southfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel was amazing. Clean, great staff...very sincere and accomodating. The room was extremely clean and the type of room that you love to stay in. The was very comfortable, great coffee selection (Kuerig), tv and internet was exceptional. I was here for 3 days at a business conference and I am a vegetarian. The food service staff was amazingly helpful in making sure that I had a great vegetarian meal. The asked me what did I want and I told them I love salads especially mexican style....They made me a special veg taco salad that was AWESOME!!! Great stay at the HILTON!!!

Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Staying in a business hotel on weekends can be a pleasure as rates are down. I spent a Friday-Saturday stay and the property was filled. Staff is very good, rooms are nice but could use some upgrading. The surrounding area is filled with businesses (great for walking my service animal) and it's necessary to get in the car to go to dinner - or eat on-site, which I did. I chose a "light" meal of a quesadilla that was so big it sated me for two evenings and the balance was left for the "less fortunate". This is my second stay here and I never did get to try the breakfast as my weekend work required an early departure. Would I stay here again? Maybe.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I just spent two nights there. Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast. Average business hotel. There isn't anything to walk to so you have to eat in our drive. The elliptical machine in the fitness room needs major servicing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Southfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The staff is very professional and friendly. The hotel is clean and well maintained. Proximity to busy highway can be loud at times. The quality of food served during breakfast and dinner timeframe is of good value. The hotel offers complimentary internet access and free USA newspapers each morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield? Share your experiences!