“Changing neighborhood, changing times” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Southfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ferndale, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Okay now I have to admit, I look at reviews at hotels before I check into them, but this time I'm actually happy that I took my own experience. This hotel is a really nice. The customer service was so nice and caring to my individual situation. Well first, when we got there are hotel room wasn't ready, but I totally understand that seeing that it was pretty busy, so me and my friends didn't mind waiting at all. When we got into our room we asked can we be somewhere that we could make a noise seeing that I was throwing my boyfriend a birthday party and the lady put us somewhere that we could be loud, and I'm very happy for that. Now also I do understand about why pots, pans, eating utensils weren't in the room. hence why we already call ahead about these things.. and prepared. Also the fact that usually people get the suites to party in and also do other things... is the reason why the room was somewhat in the condition it was in. Again it understandable.. no issue. Our room didn't smell at all the housekeeping did really awesome :) The management actually does care and the attendants as well.. they tried their best to accommodate me and my friends to the best of their abilities. The thing is.. a lot of people were staying around thanksgiving weekend. The breakfast was fine to... it saved at lot of money XD In the end, yes this hotel need fixing. But its still a nice place to hang with your friends and have fun.... we might even come back for new years :) Thank you so much Hawthorn of Southfield.. XD Cant wait to come back

Room Tip: If your going to have a hotel party tell them you going to have one... they end up putting it somewh...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ajay D, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Sincerely, Ajay Dutt GM Hawthorn Suites
HYDE PARK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is a nightmare and disgusting ( section 8 lodging guests)
Stayed at this hotel because it was close to my daughter's house.
I was a previous guest last Christmas, filed a complaint , thought that things could be better
this time, they just don't care.
I think that the mangement does not give a "hoot" what we all complained about this property, so sad that Wyndham even put their name on this property!!

I was wise enough this time to bring my own linen, bed-topper and pillows and sheets.
The beds are so bad, I have to visit a chiropractor several times after my stay at this property. Can you imagine sliding to the middle of the bed when you get into it.
The next time I guess I will have to bring my own air mattress.
My room stunk of cigarettes, 3 days of trash smelled outside my door with dirty linen.
non-working telephone, no cups for coffee, had to go to the breakfast room to get some.
Loud fights outside at 2am.
Went to the front desk and told them that my room was not cleaned in 3 days I was there,
they had the nerve to tell me that I could have put a do not diturb sign on it "LIAR"
that my room stunk of cigarettes in a non-smoking room. The front desk gave me towels and linen so I could do their house-keeping for them.
The furniture was smelly, metal frame sticking out that nearly tore my leather jacket.
I place bedsheets on the sofa inorder that we could sit on it and really had a difficult time
trying to get up as the sofa sank into the frame.
I have been in the travel industry for the past 25 years, this property is just "Disgusting"
I really think they rent it out to long term section 8 guests, so why do they care as long as they get $$$$$$. Wyndham chain what are you doing, putting your name to a disgusting property like this!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Ajay D, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay..We have corrected the issues you had outlined in your feedback. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Sincerely, Ajay Dutt GM

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!