“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The staff was very helpful. I was offered a free bottle of water to signup with their loyalty program, but I declined. They gave me a free bottle of water anyway. All I was looking for was a clean room and free internet, and that's what I got. The next morning they recommended breakfast because they only have coffee, it was a very good recommendation. Thanks for the little things.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Helpful staff (Bassam, Bashar, Sarina and Hanan) make business stay away from home pleasant. Their willingness to go the extra mile is awesome.
Grounds are well maintained. New large screen TV's are a joy to watch.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here on Friday and it was perfect. I stayed in a double on the third floor. They had an elavator that was helpfull. The guest service rep was awesome!!! I would stay here any time of the year. The rates were great and it had free wifi and coffee and tea in the lobby.

Room Tip: It feels like home. the Staff is awesome
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thornville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

UN SAFE FACILITY! I was in this hotel for 3 nights on business. The second night there were several youths brawling in the parking lot. it started about 1:30 , i tried until after 2 to get anyone on the phone. There was NO ONE In the office, I spoke with two other people staying in the hotel that also were unable to get anyone on the phone! At which point i called 911
The next morning i asked to have the Manager call me, in my room or on my cell. HE BLEW ME OFF! No Call not even an attempt!! In my opinion this facilty is NOT SAFE , The room was clean, desk clerks were nice, but the Manager (Huh!) he is a complete and total joke!! he does not care and i would never stay in or advise anyone to stay here. CAUTION, an ounce of pervention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I read the other reviews and wonder if I had stay in the same place. this is a private owned hotel. I found most of the staff to be friendly. I think the parking lot need lots of work. cleaning and paving. The outside looks trashy. The rooms I have had were clean but highly fragranced. Not great for the allegries. I have stayed here three times. But I am going to look for another place

Room Tip: go to the red roof phone center. Rooms on the back side are quieter. got an ADA room this time. M...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Bar none, the dirtiest motel in Michigan. Neither front desk management or Motel 6 Corporate seem concerned with bio hazard issues surrounding this facility. Be cautious of the positive reviews listed here that are just days apart and following negative comments on what is wrong and dangerous with this facility. I will never stay at a Dead Roof Inn again.

• Stayed September 2012
lansing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I go bed bug bites all over my body. I asked to talk to the wner/Manager a girl by the name Lonna would alway say that he was not around. POINT BLANK I NEVER SEEN I HIM OR SPOKE TO HIM. WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLACE. I went to the doctors to be examined and he said that I have bed bug bites. I then went to the hotel and even showed the staff my bites....they acted like they didnt care. DO NOT STAY at this hotel. It cost me about $80.00 per night I stayed for 2 nights, so no real savings..I had to learn the hard way. Now I know why the hotel was almost empty on a friday and Staturday night. BY the way the rooms have NO ironing board...I had to give a $10 deposit to use they iron...and used the bed as a ironing board. I have never heard of that before and i have traveled around in my 38 years of life. That Place is DIRTY and LOUD. Bed Bug Bites are the worst feeling ever and they leave ugly makes all over your body. OH, i was in room 127. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT HOTEL!!! IT"S NOT WORTH IT!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Southfield? Share your experiences!