“not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Lansing, Michigan
“not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I read the other reviews and wonder if I had stay in the same place. this is a private owned hotel. I found most of the staff to be friendly. I think the parking lot need lots of work. cleaning and paving. The outside looks trashy. The rooms I have had were clean but highly fragranced. Not great for the allegries. I have stayed here three times. But I am going to look for another place

Room Tip: go to the red roof phone center. Rooms on the back side are quieter. got an ADA room this time. M...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Bar none, the dirtiest motel in Michigan. Neither front desk management or Motel 6 Corporate seem concerned with bio hazard issues surrounding this facility. Be cautious of the positive reviews listed here that are just days apart and following negative comments on what is wrong and dangerous with this facility. I will never stay at a Dead Roof Inn again.

• Stayed September 2012
lansing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I go bed bug bites all over my body. I asked to talk to the wner/Manager a girl by the name Lonna would alway say that he was not around. POINT BLANK I NEVER SEEN I HIM OR SPOKE TO HIM. WATCH OUT FOR THIS PLACE. I went to the doctors to be examined and he said that I have bed bug bites. I then went to the hotel and even showed the staff my bites....they acted like they didnt care. DO NOT STAY at this hotel. It cost me about $80.00 per night I stayed for 2 nights, so no real savings..I had to learn the hard way. Now I know why the hotel was almost empty on a friday and Staturday night. BY the way the rooms have NO ironing board...I had to give a $10 deposit to use they iron...and used the bed as a ironing board. I have never heard of that before and i have traveled around in my 38 years of life. That Place is DIRTY and LOUD. Bed Bug Bites are the worst feeling ever and they leave ugly makes all over your body. OH, i was in room 127. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THAT HOTEL!!! IT"S NOT WORTH IT!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

it was a place to sleep. The room stunk so bad like stale smoke that I had to leave my suit in the car. In retrospect I would gladly pay an extra 30-40 dollars to be able to fully use the room. I smoke and I couldn't even get used to it. There was no ironing board available, so I had to use the bed as an ironing board. The toilet paper was worse than anything I have ever tried to use. Really though it's the terrible smell of stale smoke. I don't want to go to an interview stinking like that and after one night everything I brought into the room stinks. The wifi was ok for my laptop, but my other devices couldn't pick up the signal in the room. I won't be staying at another redroof. Companies with independent owners should make sure there is consistency across locations.....ouch, maybe there is and they all stink like smoke. Little things like the remote control not working quickly make a $60 room worth about $20. There was a stink of urine or some other fowl smell surrounding the office. About to head down for some coffee....hope at least that is decent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked the room because it was affordable and the pictures looked like it was clean and up-to date. However, we came face to face with a bedbug while simply sitting on the edge of the bed without pulling back the blankets. We left immediately and will not be back. ever.
In addition, the office staff was not at all sympathetic, refused to give me anything saying I had checked out, and told me to call the online service through whom I had booked the motel for a refund. After calling the online service, I find that no one at the motel made a note that I had left. I will be contacting my credit card company for resolution. Saving a few dollars is not worth the trouble.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Roseville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very nice stay, as always. Been coming here off and on for 4 years. Love the ways the rooms are cleaned. Newer improvements have been the nicer lamps and coffee in the room. I appreciate Toyia so much. She makes my reservation every time, is super friendly and has been helpful if there has been any concerns! Keep this hotel as it is!!! Sincerely, Denise

Room Tip: room 323 has always been awesome
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As always I have been going to stay at the Red Roof in of and on when I come into Michigan. I can remember staying about two years ago when I had gotten sick from being stress and had to stay for about 4 days. And when I tell you that I was stressed out, I had gotten to my breaking point with active thyroidism a hudge drop in weightloss any and everything that comes with thyroidism. I met a nice wonderful young at the front desk her name was Toya and she made my stay as comfortable and very peaceful! Often, Toya would call to check to see if I needed anything, if the front desk could assist with my stay as I said I was there for 4 days. they were doing the cake with the find the baby in it and if you found this baby you got a night free on Red Roof. Toya called my room and ask if I would like a piece of this cake, and with blessing and much needed luck I got the baby in the cake and a free night! Since I have been going to Red Roof located in Southfield, MI on Northwestern Highway that smile and greeting that comes from Toya and the front staff I have to admit I am a frequent guest, if it's just traveling for a little rest and relaxation. I just recently stayed Saturday night and I tell you this I will be returning every chance that I get. I want to tell Toya thank you for her hospitality and beautiful smile. You should also know that doing those hard days for me you were the one that got me through. I thank you friend for and keep up the hard work!

Room Tip: I love the Superior King.... It's beautiful roomy and spacey. It comes with a computer desk big...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Southfield? Share your experiences!