I stayed here for 2 nights in Jan 2014 and had an average stay. I was there for work over a weekend and was OK with stay but it was not up to what I expect from a Westin EXCEPT for the bellmen and Mike the bartender!
I used a pair of "suite upgrades" from my status as a SPG member and was initially put into the "honeymoon suite." On arrival on the floor I could smell the chlorine long before I got to the room. IN the room it was unbearable. The honeymoon suite means it has a hot tub in the room. This was so heavily chlorinated that out was hard to breath in the room. I called asking to be moved and the front desk told me "You KNOW why we have to clean the tub like that, don't you?" In general I was given bad information by the front desk on directions, charged $20 for valet despite the sign out front showing $18... management issues.
My new room was a nice normal Westin room. Junior suite, nice bed and lots of space. All night long I had the thrill of hearing loud hockey families in town for a kids tournament. No policing of the noise by the property. I worked all day so too tired to complain and did not want to move again.
The High point of this property is Mike the bartender. I ate at the restaurant each night and had drinks with Mike as well. GREAT service, Good drinks, pleasant, and a pro. Dinner was fine, a little pricey for what you get but the service and convenience make up for it.
The bellmen/valets were polite and helpful (they knew more about the property than the ladies at the desk!!!!!). Each time I picked up my car, they had it running and warm by the time I picked it up.
So, mixed bag. Average Westin rooms (so pretty good for the price), great service from Mike/bellmen, and bad from the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin