I am a big Westin fan in general, but this one was merely mediocre, which is to say a bit below most other Westin's.
Typical Westin room, comfortable bed...but here are some areas I wasn't thrilled with.
I felt the bathroom was less than clean, there were shoe marks on the floor and some hairs
The room itself was a bit worn...torn up carpet, chipped furniture
The lobby and bar/restaurant area are very non-descrip, nothing to make you want to hang there
The elevators required a key...for any floor? Why? Area not safe?
A huge pet peeve of mine...treadmills that have tv's but the tv's don't work...not on one, but all
The fitness center itself was also a bit cramped
As a side note, there isn't a lot in the area, so unless your business takes you there, consider elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin