We were heading to Detroit for a Wings hockey game and the prices in the downtown core were very expense so I had to look at other options. Since I was not familiar with the good and bad areas of Detroit I decided to stay with a hotel chain I was familiar. I chose the Southfield Westin and it was very nice. The location is central to the Detroit area so we had easy access to major roads(15-20 minutes to the Joe Louis Area). The hotel is in a business park with a large Microsoft building next door so the neighbourhood was safe. The parking was free and being a Starwood member, I received a rate that was half the price of the downtown Westin. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the hotel was very quite on the weekend, probably because of the lack business traffic they would normal have only during the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near the quiet suburbs and only being 20 minutes from downtown, The Westin Southfield Detroit is near many Fortune 500 headquarters and with access to the Southfield Town Center's 5 corporate towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Southfield Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Southfield Detroit Hotel Southfield
- Westin Southfield Detroit
- Southfield Westin