“Awesome people, so much like home!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
southfield
“Awesome people, so much like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The staff is so wonderful, kind, calm and helpful.

The room is always so comfortable/spacious, the bathrooms are stellar and the covered free parking is so easy.

Stressless, good restaurant food and service and so comfortable!

I travel to southfield for business often, only want to stay here.

I love staying here!

Room Tip: Front side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are certainly thrilled that you had such a refreshing and comfortable stay at The Westin Southfield Detroit and enjoyed our heavenly accommodations and amenities. It makes us very happy to hear from our return guests and we will be sure to share your high praise with our Associates. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you for your gracious review. Be well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Housekeeper for our room was outstanding. She was very considerate of our time in the room and called to confirm when we would be leaving our room to begin cleaning. My Wife and I have stayed here several times due to the professionalism of the Front-desk, and comfortable accommodations from the front door to the restaurant. We would highly recommend anyone to stay in here.

Room Tip: Obtain a Starwood & AAA memberships. The Preferred Starwood Suites Floor is very quite, with aff...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
At The Westin Southfield Detroit, we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and take pride in delivering an exceptional experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and are truly delighted by your kind words for our Associates and in-house restaurant, Tango. It would certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back for another wonderful stay in the future. Until then, be well.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just wanted to say I had a great time here when I stayed for the American Advertising Federation College competition. I wanted to take the bed home. I was so comfy that I rolled over and spooned my roommate because I thought I was at home. Awkward, but she just went with it. Also, bless their hearts for being so tolerant of all of those drunk college kids. I can admit we weren't very well behaved but appreciated your patience. Good location, comfy beds!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your enjoyment regarding our Heavenly Bed®! It makes us very happy to learn that you left our hotel feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and that our convenient location worked out so well for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime and we thank you for your review. Be well.
Portage, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We booked it through hotwire for 71 dollars for a 4 star hotel it seemed like a deal but I stayed in two star hotels that were nicer than this one. The lobby was nice but the rooms were outdated and the prices at the restaurant were outrageous so we ended up eating out to save money. Plus we got there around 4 pm to check in and they had no rooms ready yet...what quality housekeeping...after a half an hour wait we finally got one of the rooms. They said they would call up to the room when the second room was ready. About a half an hour later, we called down and they forgot about us waiting for the second room which took even longer to get. I expected much more from a four star hotel while it was okay, I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our hotel. Hearing that your stay with us was less than satisfactory greatly concerns us and we offer our sincerest apologies. We do appreciate your kind comments for our modern and inviting lobby, but are disappointed that the remainder of your stay was not more refreshing. We hope to be able to welcome you back for the exceptional stay that you deserve. Until then, be well.
Wixom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

What a great hotel and exceptional Customer Service!! From the Front desk to the rooms everythng was perfect!! I really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and room service! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a upscale hotel in the area. Thank you!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We are truly excited to learn that you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Southfield Detroit and appreciate you being so considerate as to post your review. Breakfast is an essential part of the day and our SuperFoodsRx™ dishes offer healthful whole foods full of flavor and packed with nutrients, giving you the best start to your day. Thank you for your kind recommendation and for your gracious review. We look forward to greeting you again soon. Stay well.
Baltimore,MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've now stayed here twice within the past year for 5 days each time. Most recently over Thanksgiving. My wife booked us a hypo allergenic/ clean air room. We are both allergic to feathers so this is a big plus. Upon check in, we find out that my mother in-law checked in first and took our reservation. She ended up in our room and us in hers. Don't they check ID?

The heat was on and it was close to 80 degrees when we walked in. So we turned off the heat and opened a window. The room overall is clean but worn hard. We were comfortable with the size of room and bathroom.

My biggest issue with the room was it was dry. Both my wife and I slept with a water bottle and woke up to drink from it multiple times during the night. Just awful

We did eat down stairs for breakfast and felt the service was just awful. They got our order wrong multiple times. Save yourself the headache and go elsewhere.

The parking lot our front is unsafe park your car. While we were there, 5 cars were broken into.
The parking garage was filthy with trash left everywhere.

This place needs some serious help. For the price and location it's hard for us to think about another hotel, but after this trip we'll be back in Novi.

Room Tip: As for a corner room or high floot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding any difficulties you may have experienced while staying with us. Your comments will be shared with our Associates so that we may work to address your concerns in a timely manner. We do understand your concern as far as parking is concerned, and rest assured our local law enforcement officials are diligently pursuing answers to this uncommon event. For future stays, our Valet Service may suit your needs better. We truly do appreciate your gift of feedback and hope to have the opportunity to greet you again. Thank you for your review.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Tony and Tracey were very helpful. They made sure that I received the best service. I am a platinum member with SPG and they made sure my room was upgraded due to my member status. They also made checking in very hassle free. Tony even went the extra mile and made sure that my guest was accommodated when she arrived. Employees like this is why I continue to frequently stay with SPG. The hotel was also extremely clean and conveniently located.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinSouthfield, General Manager at The Westin Southfield Detroit, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
It is certainly with great enthusiasm that we cater to our guests and we’re thrilled that our efforts were noticed. We are delighted to hear that you found The Westin Southfield Detroit to be more than accommodating and we hope all of our cherished guests experience the same. Our Associates, particularly those mentioned, will be excited to read your review and we thank you for gracious acknowledging them. We are excited to welcome you back and until then, be well.

Been to The Westin Southfield Detroit? Share your experiences!