“Love this hotel and location. I stay here often.” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lansing, Michigan
“Love this hotel and location. I stay here often.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a nice hotel with friendly helpful staff. Comfy beds, fridge, microwave and coffee maker are in the rooms I really like that his hotel is right off the Lodge and Ten Mile road. it is easy in and out of the city of Detroit on the totally redone Lodge Freeway (10). The Lodge which runs on a diagonal to Detroit means you travel southeast into Detroit saving time and distance rather than just east-west then north-south. It only takes 12 minutes to get downtown unlike most suburban hotels where you struggle in traffic. You have access to all freeways once in Detroit so you can go wherever you want quickly. Concerts, restaurants, bars and attractions are closer than they seem whenever you are on the Lodge.

Room Tip: No way! That's my secret.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice when traveling to the Southfield/Detroit area. We are glad that our friendly staff and comfortable rooms made your stay an enjoyable one. Our location is located right off the freeway, which you mentioned, with easy access to Downtown Detroit.

We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel and look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm Regards,

David Dallo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am often in Michigan on business and this is my favorite place to stay. Conveniently located and easy to find. The staff always goes above and beyond for their guest. The breakfast is excellent. The rooms are all spacious, clean and inviting. Every morning and evening the staff greets you with a smile and inquiry how things are for you. Of all the hotels I have stayed in during the last year, this is by far the best.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear that we are your hotel of choice during your business trips to Southfield. Thank you for the kind words of praise recognizing our staff, amenities, cleanliness and location.

We are greatful that you took the time out of your day to recognize our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us!

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with several family members on November 2nd and again on November 12th. We were in town to visit a very sick friend on our first visit and returned due to his passing. Hotel staff was extremely empathetic and extended our check out time an extra two hours due to this situation. We were also given a funeral rate ($5.00 lower than usual), not much but appreciated. Hotel is quiet and a Wendy's is next door, convenient for our group and opened until 1:00 A.M. The drive thru is opened til 2:00 A.M. There is a Hertz Rent A Car kiosk located in the entrance and the selection of cars looked appealing. A hotel shuttle also provided transportation to the train station for members of our family who arrived by Amtrak.

There was no coffee in the lobby during evening hours, lukewarm water and tea bags were available. Breakfast is the usual, danish rolls were tasteless, other breakfast items acceptable. Bottled water and pop, juices, etc is expensive at $2.00 per bottle. There is a Speedway Station nearby which offers cheaper prices for these items.

Hotel lobby furniture have seen better days and needs replacing. Chair seats are lopsided and worn. Business center consists of one computer and printer sitting in the breakfast area.

Rooms are large, bedding is perfect, great selection of television stations. Only one elevator which could be slow. With the kindness we received from this hotel staff, I would recommend to anyone, the cosmetic things can be fixed.

Room Tip: If a Choice Privileges Reward Member ask for an upgrade..king beds only
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It was a pleasure to have you and your families visit our location during your recent stay with us.

We have taken your comments and suggestion of the amenities that we offer to the proper departments. Our hotel will be undergoing a renovation this coming January 2014 with a completion date of April 2014. All the areas that you would like to see changes to; are changes that we are aware of and are at the top of our list for our renovation.

Customer Service is a very important part of our industry and we are glad that we provided the up-most service to you and your family during the recent circumstances that brought you to our hotel.

Again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope that your next visit will be under different circumstances.

Port Sanilac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed here before, and when I'm in the area, I will return. I had an early morning meeting, the breakfast area was quite full, and the staff kindly allowed me the use of a meeting room. Great service, beyond my expectation. Room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you received exceptional service during your stay. Customer Service is very important to us and we are glad to hear that we provided that to you along with cleanliness.

We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here recently after reading recommendations on trip advisor. I was not disappointed. The staff were very friendly. Carlos who checked me in had excellent customer service and asked me a few times if everything was ok. Other staff were also polite. I had a king suite. The room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable that I did not want to get up in the morning. Breakfast was good hot items included scrambled eggs. On my last day I had time to use the jacuzzi and pool, both were nice to use. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
We are pleased to hear that your recent stay at our hotel was a very good experience for you. Our commitment to our guest is Customer Service, Cleanliness and Security. We are happy to hear that Carlo provided exceptional service to you. He has been a wonderful asset to our hotel. Providing complimentary amenities is very important to today's travelers'; we are glad that you enjoyed our amenities in our hotel.

We thank you for your recent review and look forward to your next visit.

Rochester New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is average for a Comfort Suites and is in need of some updating. The complimentary breakfast was a nice benefit. A refrigerator and microwave in the room were a nice surprise too. The best part about this hotel was the staff and in particular the front desk staff. I have to mention that I/we have stayed in many hotels all over the country and I met an amazing person/associate at this hotel, Carlo Hesano who I felt like we were family. His sincere sympathy for my wife's condition was extremely helpful for me. This young man helped me deal with my emotions from my wife's procedure and I will always be thankful for that. Thank you Carlo and all the best to you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel during your recent stay with us. During the circumstances that brought you to our property, we are happy to hear about the wonderful service you received from my staff and most importantly from Carlo.

Carlo has been an asset to our property from day one upon being hired. We hope that your wife is recovering well and that the next time you come to our area it will be under different circumstances.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Poor location and room on ground floor meant we listened to squeaky floors above us all night. Breakfast run out by 8 am. Nearby restaurants nothing to write home about. Stayed due to sports event. Hopefully will not be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Southfield, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us with feedback during your recent stay. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have outlined your concerns and have addressed the appropriate departments. We hope to be of better service to you in the near future.

David Dallo

Been to Comfort Suites Southfield? Share your experiences!