“Over booked” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26250 American Drive, Southfield, MI 48034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
“Over booked”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Had reservations for awhile, day I get there they sent me to a different extended stay. Help was poor an rude. Will not stay at an extended stay again. Any decent hotel would have called before hand an let you know. Feel sorry for whom ever stays there, bad place un organized.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I have stayed at this location several times, but this visit a little disappointing. The carpet in my room was full of stains. The recliner had human or animal hair on it. The window was partially open and when I tried to close the window, I thought I was going to have to call the front desk for assistance. The kitchen didn't have plates,silverware or cups. When I attempted to take a shower, I couldn't because the water never got warm. The water from the sink got hot, but not the shower. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The Farmington Hills, MI is a better location.

• Stayed September 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We got a great rate on the room. It was surface cleaned, but the carpet was stained, the counters were stained and had burn marks, the room smelled of smoke. The bed/sheets seemed clean but rather rough. We found no soap/shampoo in the bathroom except for a used bar of soap in the shower(we learned later that toiletries were available at the desk.). Although we didn't have any problems, a friend staying the night before was scared out of the hotel by a late night disturbance in the hallway that went on for hours. We will not visit again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We made a computer reservation. Afterward, we called the hotel directly, to request the number of beds needed in the room. We were allowed an early check in. The hotel had a nice, freshly cleaned smell when we arrived. The Desk man, Darryl, was very courteous and helpful every day. We stayed 4 nights. The amenities (stove, refrigerator, microwave) enabled us to save money. The price for the room was excellent. We were accommodated with things we forgot (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc,) There is daily maid service with an additional charge, but if you are able to make your own bed, and bring the towels down for exchange yourself, there is no charge. There is a continental grab and go breakfast, for those on the run. We attended a bridge tournament, so that worked out well for us. I recommend this hotel for anyone who is not looking for fancy surroundings and who is looking for comfort, polite workers and a way to save money.
Tamera of Cleveland

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We made a reservation, whrn we arrived the room was not ready. We were told they had to put us in a show room. The show room was not clean there qere stains on the sheets.the phone in the room was not connected to the front desk. When we asked for them to be changed we were not accomodated. The lady at the desk was not competent on her own and was completely reliant on a partner who left. She couldn't check us in or out without calling her off duty coworker. There were also children running through the halls unsupervised the entire time.

• Stayed July 2014
Chgo ,Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Check in went Ok,I reserved three rooms two were fine the third we had to switch out. The room smelled of food and the door handle came off. The kind maintenance man was in the lobby and he assisted me right away but I just preferred to switch the room. The housekeeping staff needs to be trained to clean the rooms more effeciently because the coffee pot was not emptied the rooms needed some lysol or deoderizing. The air unit should have been on circulating. The hallway to the rooms smelled of cat urine(Carpet should be removed). The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. If the minor issues are resolved I would stay again. One more note there is no breakfast just breakfast bars and coffee which I missed by ten minutes. You would think the clerk would have offered to pull out one for me it wasn't even ten am.On Sundays I would think 10 am would be a better time to end breakfast there was no coffè either big disappointment especially since the container and creamer were still out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The room was not cleaned prior to arrival. The beds were made, but that's all. The room smelled, the air did not work. I was afraid to use any thing in the kitchen, because I opened the drawer and there was what looked like dead bugs. The floor had not been vacuumed and when we moved the chair there was trash and a huge gooey, sticky stain. I will never stay there again

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!