Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Cleveland, Ohio
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made a computer reservation. Afterward, we called the hotel directly, to request the number of beds needed in the room. We were allowed an early check in. The hotel had a nice, freshly cleaned smell when we arrived. The Desk man, Darryl, was very courteous and helpful every day. We stayed 4 nights. The amenities (stove, refrigerator, microwave) enabled us to save money. The price for the room was excellent. We were accommodated with things we forgot (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc,) There is daily maid service with an additional charge, but if you are able to make your own bed, and bring the towels down for exchange yourself, there is no charge. There is a continental grab and go breakfast, for those on the run. We attended a bridge tournament, so that worked out well for us. I recommend this hotel for anyone who is not looking for fancy surroundings and who is looking for comfort, polite workers and a way to save money.
Tamera of Cleveland

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We made a reservation, whrn we arrived the room was not ready. We were told they had to put us in a show room. The show room was not clean there qere stains on the sheets.the phone in the room was not connected to the front desk. When we asked for them to be changed we were not accomodated. The lady at the desk was not competent on her own and was completely reliant on a partner who left. She couldn't check us in or out without calling her off duty coworker. There were also children running through the halls unsupervised the entire time.

• Stayed July 2014
Chgo ,Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check in went Ok,I reserved three rooms two were fine the third we had to switch out. The room smelled of food and the door handle came off. The kind maintenance man was in the lobby and he assisted me right away but I just preferred to switch the room. The housekeeping staff needs to be trained to clean the rooms more effeciently because the coffee pot was not emptied the rooms needed some lysol or deoderizing. The air unit should have been on circulating. The hallway to the rooms smelled of cat urine(Carpet should be removed). The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. If the minor issues are resolved I would stay again. One more note there is no breakfast just breakfast bars and coffee which I missed by ten minutes. You would think the clerk would have offered to pull out one for me it wasn't even ten am.On Sundays I would think 10 am would be a better time to end breakfast there was no coffè either big disappointment especially since the container and creamer were still out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The room was not cleaned prior to arrival. The beds were made, but that's all. The room smelled, the air did not work. I was afraid to use any thing in the kitchen, because I opened the drawer and there was what looked like dead bugs. The floor had not been vacuumed and when we moved the chair there was trash and a huge gooey, sticky stain. I will never stay there again

• Stayed June 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel did not meet our expectations not our needs. We booked 6 days and checked out after 1. They gave us a handicap access room that was not requested. I think those rooms are perfect for those who require those accommodations. They charge to clean your room. Unacceptable! I guess I should rate hotwire and not the hotel, but that's another story all together. Think carefully when you need a room for a long stay. This is not the place.

Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently had to relocate and I was having difficulty finding the right apartment. This hotel has I everything I needed to be comfortable away from home. The staff seems genuinely friendly & helpful. Most of all I felt I received great value for the price.

• Stayed May 2014
RALEIGH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I will start off by saying that the price of the hotel was great. The cleanliness of the hotel left a lot to be desired. The shower was dirty (I filled the tub with bleach and water to clean it myself), the kitchen area was not clean (there were a lot of burn marks on the counter top), the chair in the room was disgusting and covered with stains, the remote control was sticky, the A/C unit was dirty and falling apart, and the blinds/curtains had burn marks and holes in them. I was afraid to walk on the floor barefoot. The microwave and refrigerator were very clean. There was only one trashcan in the room, which was very inconvenient AND there was no phone in our room. Every time we needed something we had to go down to the desk or use our cell phones to call. Also, we smelled marijuana on more than one occasion on our floor. Although the rate was affordable, I spent a lot of time with bleach and Clorox wipes cleaning the room so that we would actually feel comfortable enough to stay there. I would not stay at this hotel again...I would rather pay a little more for cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!