“Convenient & Affordable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
“Convenient & Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently had to relocate and I was having difficulty finding the right apartment. This hotel has I everything I needed to be comfortable away from home. The staff seems genuinely friendly & helpful. Most of all I felt I received great value for the price.

• Stayed May 2014

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
RALEIGH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I will start off by saying that the price of the hotel was great. The cleanliness of the hotel left a lot to be desired. The shower was dirty (I filled the tub with bleach and water to clean it myself), the kitchen area was not clean (there were a lot of burn marks on the counter top), the chair in the room was disgusting and covered with stains, the remote control was sticky, the A/C unit was dirty and falling apart, and the blinds/curtains had burn marks and holes in them. I was afraid to walk on the floor barefoot. The microwave and refrigerator were very clean. There was only one trashcan in the room, which was very inconvenient AND there was no phone in our room. Every time we needed something we had to go down to the desk or use our cell phones to call. Also, we smelled marijuana on more than one occasion on our floor. Although the rate was affordable, I spent a lot of time with bleach and Clorox wipes cleaning the room so that we would actually feel comfortable enough to stay there. I would not stay at this hotel again...I would rather pay a little more for cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've been staying at Extended Stay America Detroit-Southfield-I-696 for the past 8 months. Barbara, Darryl and Tevin have been nothing but good to me and my son since we've been here. Barbara is an excellent manager. She's always nice and accomodates me for whatever I need. Darryl always has a smile on is face and always funny. Can't help but to smile after encountering Darryl when I'm having a bad day. He also helps for whatever we need and happy to do it. I have adopted Tevin as my "younger brother". He is always pleasant with any questions that I have and anytime I need anything, he's always quick to help, no questions ask. He is a very positive and bright young man. He has a smile that is golden and a big heart. I've have really grown to love these three EXCEPTIONAL people like family. The rooms are neat and clean and the beds are very comfortable. I also feel very safe here as a single mother. If you're looking for a short stay or an "extended" stay, I can guarantee you that you will enjoy your time here at this location. Thank you Barbara, Darryl and Tevin for ALWAYS looking out for me and Brian and EXTENDING your GENEROSITY!!! You all have been such a TREMENDOUS BLESSING!!!

Linda E

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just wanna say...I stayed there for 5 days...and the staff...the building...everything...was perfect! I told Darryl I was going to leave a fabulous rating...so..Darryl (front desk)...here you go!! Kudos to you and your staff! I enjoyed my stay and will recommend it to everyone I know!! Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Parma, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff at Extrended Stay America were all friendly and helpful. We checked in with Vonya and checked out with Darryl. Both employees were great. The rooms were clean. Everything in the room was in working order. The microwave was quite noisy, but it worked. Our rates were very affordable. Beds were harder than we are used to. Not many TV stations, but we weren't in the room much and aren't big TV watchers anyway. Internet worked well. There is a small area with muffins, granola bars and coffee by the front desk. Grab and go is a good name for the breakfast! Perfect if you are in a hurry. We didn't use it, though. Overall, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

overall a very comfortable convenient stay with very affordable rates. we especially were pleased with employees Tevin Gripper and Darryl who is ALWAYS at the front desk knowledgeable, welcoming and professional we have stayed there over a dozen times most because of them.

Room Tip: we enjoyed the king room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Every staff member - Barbara, Jeremy, Theresa, Tevin, Serena, MS Ruby and especially Darryl at the front desk - all were top notch. They were friendly, courteous, and did all they could to make your stay pleasant. The motel was clean and well kept. The room that we had was clean and a very good bargain compared to the prices others charged. We stayed twelve nights and would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!