“Easy access to the freeway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26250 American Drive, Southfield, MI 48034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #13 of 19 hotels in Southfield
“Easy access to the freeway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

june we had our first family reunion we book in one at the hotel they really enjoyed their hotel is very nice and big they almost in the morning get up and eat breakfast downstairs all kids love going downstairs to go swimming at the pool in the hotel is very friendly overall the hotel is very clean and friendly we will be there next year

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our complimentary Grab-N'-Go breakfast as well as our pool. We try to create a "home away from home" experience for our guests and when you are with family, that is exactly what you need! I'm glad we were able to provide that for you! Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels! We look forward to seeing you at your next family reunion!

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

From the outside, the hotel looks inviting. There are no automatic doors though so it's a struggle to bring luggage inside. I booked here because of the TripAdvisor rating - #2 for the area. The hallways are wall to wall stains. Is that blood? Food? Excrement? The room is nicely laid out. There is glass on the floor in the bathroom. Housekeeping problems. Bug parts on the counter. Bed is comfortable though hair particles are found under the sheets. Stickiness. Hmm. You get the picture.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that cleanliness happened to be an issue during your stay with us. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will address the hallways and room cleanliness accordingly to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it; so please contact me at dsf2@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I must say that the hotel staff was very courteous. The hotel look very nice on the outside but once I entered my room I was not pleased at all. My shoes were sticking to the carpet and it was dirty, i was not use to this at all. We were to stay in Michigan a full week and I could not stay at this location the entire week, I checked out 30 minutes after being in the room. For someone on a budget and they don't mind the small space, this hotel will be great for you.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am very glad that our staff provided you with such great service. Still, I am very sorry that the carpet in your room was unclean. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to deep clean the carpet in your room and work to improve our cleaning procedures overall so this type of issue does not happen again in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dsf@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Firstly, this was great, because it was the least expensive and most highly rated. The staff, front desk and cleaning lady, were friendly. The guy who checked me out kept calling me "Boss". Not exactly my thing, but hilarious and good testament to his commitment to customer service. The room was nice - plenty of room and outlets. Strong AC. My only complaints: the mattress was pretty stiff, sometimes the cable was fuzzy, the light in the bathroom being opposite the shower made it feel like I was showering in a closet (I know this is common, but I still hate it), and the man who checked me in said there was a Continental breakfast, but it was just the Grab and Go, and finally the rubber flooring in the stair cases very fragrant. It's strange and almost unnerving. All of these are trivial but noticeable. Overall, the hotel has a nice appearance, and my visit was good. I would highly recommend this hotel, and would come back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I also work at an extended stay in nashville and i came to michigan on the 15th and 16th of june i didnt arrive until after hours on the 15th and the night laudry was very funny and helpful, and the guy at the front desk in the morning very nice just as expected i had no problems at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Tam - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's so great to be able to read such wonderful comments about our staff, including that they were friendly and helpful to you.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to have you stay with us again in the future!
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place has the basics. A huge fridge, microwave, stove, small kitchen sink, iron and board, wireless internet, flat screen tv. The bathroom and bed aren't anything special. If you book on priceline you get a pretty good rate. The breakfast includes oatmeal packets, granola bars, oranges, and apples. The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities and staff. I am so glad to see that they were helpful during your stay. As well, it pleases me to know that you were able to enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. It's a new feature at our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Came here for business trip and it was okay. Not the best hotel but not that bad. breakfast on the go was okay and front desk staff was pretty nice. Could of had cleaner towels. It's not that expensive so you get what you pay for. Not very noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and we appreciate the kind words about our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast and the front desk staff; however, we apologize that you experienced a cleanliness issue. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to commit to providing daily, thorough room inspections to ensure every room and amenity we offer is well above par. Because we continually work to improve our hotel, I would love to extend thanks for your review. If you have any additional feedback, we're pleased to hear it. Please contact me at dsf@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!