“Pretty good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Indiana
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Firstly, this was great, because it was the least expensive and most highly rated. The staff, front desk and cleaning lady, were friendly. The guy who checked me out kept calling me "Boss". Not exactly my thing, but hilarious and good testament to his commitment to customer service. The room was nice - plenty of room and outlets. Strong AC. My only complaints: the mattress was pretty stiff, sometimes the cable was fuzzy, the light in the bathroom being opposite the shower made it feel like I was showering in a closet (I know this is common, but I still hate it), and the man who checked me in said there was a Continental breakfast, but it was just the Grab and Go, and finally the rubber flooring in the stair cases very fragrant. It's strange and almost unnerving. All of these are trivial but noticeable. Overall, the hotel has a nice appearance, and my visit was good. I would highly recommend this hotel, and would come back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I also work at an extended stay in nashville and i came to michigan on the 15th and 16th of june i didnt arrive until after hours on the 15th and the night laudry was very funny and helpful, and the guy at the front desk in the morning very nice just as expected i had no problems at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Tam - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's so great to be able to read such wonderful comments about our staff, including that they were friendly and helpful to you.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to have you stay with us again in the future!
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place has the basics. A huge fridge, microwave, stove, small kitchen sink, iron and board, wireless internet, flat screen tv. The bathroom and bed aren't anything special. If you book on priceline you get a pretty good rate. The breakfast includes oatmeal packets, granola bars, oranges, and apples. The staff is very nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities and staff. I am so glad to see that they were helpful during your stay. As well, it pleases me to know that you were able to enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. It's a new feature at our hotel.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Came here for business trip and it was okay. Not the best hotel but not that bad. breakfast on the go was okay and front desk staff was pretty nice. Could of had cleaner towels. It's not that expensive so you get what you pay for. Not very noisy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and we appreciate the kind words about our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast and the front desk staff; however, we apologize that you experienced a cleanliness issue. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to commit to providing daily, thorough room inspections to ensure every room and amenity we offer is well above par. Because we continually work to improve our hotel, I would love to extend thanks for your review. If you have any additional feedback, we're pleased to hear it. Please contact me at dsf@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Pasadena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

In November of 2012, the inside of my home was mainly destroyed due to a flood. While my home was being repaired, I stayed at this location from November 2012 to January 2013. Andrea (the main desk employee) and Ms. Ruby (the main housekeeping staff person) were so sweet. The entire staff were nice and professional. I didn't have any problems with cleanliness in my room. The fact that they have rooms with kitchenettes is a great added feature. I recommend this hotel and this location to anyone who needs temporary lodging.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am extremely sorry to hear about the flooding of your home; however, I'm thrilled that you found the staff to be so warm and helpful, especially Andrea and Ruby, during such tough circumstances. That's something we work on with the team each and every day. I am also so pleased that you had a positive experience with the cleanliness of our hotel. Our entire housekeeping team works to provide those extra home-like touches for our guests.

Once more, thank you for posting your great review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I resorted to this lets say "Motel" in January of 2013 and I have to admit it was not a pleasant stay. I went to bed and when I awoke I had numerous bed bug bites on my neck and arm. Now you may think that I'm exaggerating, but when you go to the doctor and they document the incident and count 35 bites, then it becomes apparent that this is not where my extended stay will ever be. Manager was pretty careless also. The whole Southfield hotel scene is infested with bed bugs including neighboring Detroit.

• Stayed January 2013
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered a situation with pests during your stay. This is a situation we take very seriously and have strict procedures in place when any pest situation is brought to our attention. We utilize a pest elimination company to thoroughly inspect and treat the suspected rooms so that no further occurrences will continue. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have worked with our entire staff on the procedures for any type of pest activity within our hotel. We want them to be able to handle any guest concerns about such a sensitive topic. We have also enhanced our training so they know completely the signs to look for when servicing our rooms. It is our strong wish that your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mtomaszewski@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

While staying at the extended stay I found that the staff was extremely friendly and very welcoming and ready to serve any time I had any need. With the room that has been recently remodeled it was wonderful stay.The rooms always being freshly cleaned by the wonderful housekeeping. I have to say the friendliness an understanding I received from front desk especially from Dominick during the economic hard times and patients was the right kind of support I needed to put a positive peep in my step when finding a job was hard enough. I'm very thankful and grateful for the wonderful stay I had and I highly recommend this hotel to families and business people that have to have an extended stay and the cost of eating out gets too much and unhealthy. The kitchens are always fully supplied unlike other so called hotels close by!

• Stayed December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. I’m so glad to hear that the staff was able to provide some extra care for you – I will definitely let them know of your wonderful feedback. I am also glad that the kitchens worked well for you – they are such a great feature for the hotel!

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!