“They Accepted My Priceline Offer” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26250 American Drive, Southfield, MI 48034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Los Angeles, California
“They Accepted My Priceline Offer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I see the "excellent" reviews and I must say that I am SHOCKED. I stayed here for the 2nd time over the Thanksgiving weekend visiting home after sleeping on a sofa was not good for my back; ONLY because it was the hotel that accepted my Priceline offer. While I will say that this stay was much improved from my Thanksgiving 2011 visit, (marijuana smoking in room next door, inoperable light fixtures, loud heater, abandoned cars in parking lot, trash in stairways FOR DAYS) upon arrival, I advised the person checking me in 11/24/12 of the issues I experienced the last stay (although I did lodge a written complaint with managment in 2011), yet when I opened the door to the room I was assigned, I entered into a room with a bed that hadn't been made, pizza boxes and trash throughout. Either the room had not been cleaned and or there was still someone checked into it. Once I returned to the front desk, the gentlemen (Brian, I believe) was moderately apologetic and gave me another room, but I was still in awe. The room I finally did stay in did have operating equipment. My only issue is that although I love the fact there is a sink and "dishes," and a studio apartment like feel, there is never dish detergent or a dish towel or even a sink stop. Yes, I could have called down, but after experiencing my 2011 when I wanted fresh towels and was told I needed to go back upstairs to my room and bring down the dirty ones (as if I wanted to steal them), I was a little hesitant to receive another silly response and left well enough alone. I just made due as I learned that customer service is really that important at these hotels and that is sad because I love the area and actually used to live on Franklin, right around the corner when I lived in MI. Will I stay here again? I suppose so, if it is the hotel that accepts my price line offer, but will I be nervous? Yep!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I would like to first apologize for the issues you experienced during your first stay with us last year. As far as the issues on this visit, again arriving to a dirty room is completely unacceptable. I have already spoken with management and staff to ensure this is not repeated. While we do not offer dish detergent in every room, there is no reason why dish towels and a sink stop were missing from your room. I apologize for both. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. . I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels' other locations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I love this location.....the staff is awesome....the rooms are always clean. In 2012 I was coming to this location every weekend for about 5 months just for a get away and almost hated going home because it was always quiet and peaceful here. I would and have recommends this location to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and your continued business. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We do hope to see you back again soon!
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for approx 2 months and I must say, it was a very comfortable stay. My children were safe. I also have a paraplegic husband and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate my family I would definitely come again to stay if I needed to.

• Stayed November 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear you and your family were comfortable at our hotel. It's rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff took such good care of you. We appreciate your business. Thank you again for staying with us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel has excellent customer service. It is pleasant to come in and see a happy smiling face. Dorothy who works nights at the front desk is awesome. She is friendly, positive and uplifting. I would recommend the hotel for everyone. Business travelers or families visiting in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm so pleased to hear Dorothy was so welcoming and helpful. It's encouraging to hear such great feedback from valued guests like yourself. We appreciate your business; thank you for staying with us.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

During the past four months house hunting, I have used this hotel in Southfield frequently and repeatedly - and always gotten so perfect service. The location is close to most freeways and the coziest one I have ever stayed in this area. Staff from maintenance, housekeeping, to the GM are always so polite and have time to serve you no matter what time or issue is ongoing. But what makes this place really special is the friendliness of the Front Desk. They are very efficient at checking in and out. But they also excel at making your stay a very pleasant one. They really know how to make you feel at home. These customer service professionals are like your very own family members. It feels so nice to go there after long work days. Great staff people and spirit in hotel makes it to be absolutely my favorite hotel. During my search for a new house, I am proud to say that for the past few months, The Extended Stay America Southfield has been the best home a man could ask for for his family. Always clean, safe, and friendly. I can and do recommend this hotel without any hesitation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an incredible review of your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear your stays with us were comfortable and enjoyable. I cannot thank you enough for the kind words about our staff. It is very rewarding to receive feedback like yours and I appreciate you sharing it with us. Thank you for choosing our hotel and should your travels bring you back to Southfield, we hope to see you again soon.
Southfield, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Thank you for being our extended family as we stayed here for 5 months awaiting our new home. The entire staff was extremely helpful! Brian, the manager was exceptional. I felt as if the staff truly cared about our situation and made the stay as smooth as possible. For that I am graetful. Ebon and Kathy Rudolph

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt at home at our hotel. We enjoyed having you as our guest for those few months. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696? Share your experiences!