“Budget Conscience Worthy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Fairfield
“Budget Conscience Worthy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Check in took a while because there were other customers waiting to be served. Bianca handled the multiple check-ins well and as expeditiously as possible, in spite of technical difficulties with the company's computer system. I requested a room on the top floor in a quiet section of the hotel. This request was definitely accommodated. However, initially, we were provided a room in which previous customers had smoked (even though all rooms on the property are designated as non-smoking rooms). The cigarette smell in the room was intolerable, thus I made a request for another room. However, upon entering that room, it was dirty and had not been cleaned from the previous guest stay. There were dirty dishes in the sink, garbage strewn around the room, no bedding....etc., etc. So once again, I requested another room from Bianca. She accommodated us well by providing us with another room, which was actually a bit larger than our original reservation. The only problem that remained was that there were no utensils, pots and pans, or any of the other kitchen items that should be provided in this sort of rooms. However, all of these essential items were provided upon our notification to Bianca and our room was fit for our needs. We were in town for a funeral of a family member, so my need for a comfortable, secure, and affordable priced hotel was of utmost importance. Once the room accommodation and adjustments were in place, we found the room to be comfortable and well-suited for our needs and within our budget constraints. We were very pleased that during our entire stay the area where our room was located was quiet, the staff members were all very professional and extremely accommodating! The grab and go breakfast options were adequate and well-stocked. Hotel could use some updating as furniture in rooms was very old and tattered, however comfort of bed was EXCELLENT! My only suggestion would be to have more housekeeping staff to maintain garbage in hotel corridors and to clean the rooms daily because when guests stay for extended visits, if their rooms are left professionally uncleaned for the duration of their stay, it will be hard to clean the room up to a level of comfort for future guests. OVERALL we were pleased with our accommodations and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room and ask for a quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The service is excellent I was very greatful for Extended Stay Southfield representative name Halima great job took care of a problem I had very quickly and I was very satisfied and service well appreciated again I would recommend this hotel and visit it again

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I come to Southfield, Michigan every year, and we always stay for 4-8 weeks at Extended Stay on Northwestern Highway. The rooms are well equipped, the staff from the front desk to the maintenance man always treat us like family, and the value for the price is unbeatable. We also very much appreciate the free wi-fi.

Room Tip: We always take the large suite with a king bed. It's very roomy and comfortable for 2.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

There were dogs barking, I could hear every door closing and lots of conversation I didn't want to hear.The room was clean, howeve, the bathroom towels had old stained.the stove didn't work (other location of this chain actually had utensils this one didnt).I stayed at this hotel chain before and service was excellent. Actually there is another within 5mile. My sister made an error with the location and I ended up at this one. I figured there standard would be the same and they are not far apart so I didn't bother to change. Well I suffered for that decision and will definitely not allowed it to happen again.

• Stayed March 2014
MinisterCoreyM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had a wonderful front desk clerk named Ingrid who was very nice!! Inspite of a fire happening in the hotel TWO night, I'd still come back and stay here!! Everything was cool! I got a FREE night! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Front Desk Clerk Halima Was Very Polite And Professional. The Rooms
Were Very Clean, Access To The Highway Was Easy To Get To My Destinations. I Do Plan On Staying There Again On My Next Visit. Hope To Get The Same Quality Of Service. As A Former Employee Of The Extended Stay In Vegas I Was Very Happy That I Got The Same Treatment I Gave When I Worked The Front Desk. Keep Up The Good Work Halima And Other Staff Members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Nell - Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that our staff accommodated you with friendly and professional service. As well, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your clean room and our hotel's location.

Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a very comfortable stay and the location was perfect for me. I could walk to the movies and the shopping right from the hotel. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen area so you can prepare your meals there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to right such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. It is good to hear that our location and fully equipped kitchen was an added value t your stay. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating and friendly service to every guest.

Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.