“Home away from Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Southfield, Michigan
“Home away from Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I come to Southfield, Michigan every year, and we always stay for 4-8 weeks at Extended Stay on Northwestern Highway. The rooms are well equipped, the staff from the front desk to the maintenance man always treat us like family, and the value for the price is unbeatable. We also very much appreciate the free wi-fi.

Room Tip: We always take the large suite with a king bed. It's very roomy and comfortable for 2.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

There were dogs barking, I could hear every door closing and lots of conversation I didn't want to hear.The room was clean, howeve, the bathroom towels had old stained.the stove didn't work (other location of this chain actually had utensils this one didnt).I stayed at this hotel chain before and service was excellent. Actually there is another within 5mile. My sister made an error with the location and I ended up at this one. I figured there standard would be the same and they are not far apart so I didn't bother to change. Well I suffered for that decision and will definitely not allowed it to happen again.

• Stayed March 2014
MinisterCoreyM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had a wonderful front desk clerk named Ingrid who was very nice!! Inspite of a fire happening in the hotel TWO night, I'd still come back and stay here!! Everything was cool! I got a FREE night! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The Front Desk Clerk Halima Was Very Polite And Professional. The Rooms
Were Very Clean, Access To The Highway Was Easy To Get To My Destinations. I Do Plan On Staying There Again On My Next Visit. Hope To Get The Same Quality Of Service. As A Former Employee Of The Extended Stay In Vegas I Was Very Happy That I Got The Same Treatment I Gave When I Worked The Front Desk. Keep Up The Good Work Halima And Other Staff Members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Nell - Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I'm glad that our staff accommodated you with friendly and professional service. As well, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your clean room and our hotel's location.

Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was a very comfortable stay and the location was perfect for me. I could walk to the movies and the shopping right from the hotel. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen area so you can prepare your meals there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to right such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. It is good to hear that our location and fully equipped kitchen was an added value t your stay. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating and friendly service to every guest.

Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The exterior and location were inviting and the receptionist was good and helpful, The hotel location was also very handy, but the corridor carpet had serious stains and looked aged. The room was Ok, but the mattress was so hard and uncomfortable that you longed for sunrise. Also they should advertise for morning snack rather than breakfast, though the coffee was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Rich - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and that service our staff provided. Still, I'm sorry that you found our hallways to be unclean and the bed in you room to be uncomfortable. In response, our housekeeping staff is deep cleaning our carpets and we are looking into different ways to enhance our bedding.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate all feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at stf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Inkster, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff were helpful. hallway carpet dirty. Soon as I got off the elevator smelled weed smoke and cigarette smoke. Our room smelled like a old nursing home mixed with newports. Chairs were stained like somebody urinated in them. Furniture cheap. Very sad. Dont Stay here unless you just don't care. Should be less than 50 $

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your stay with us. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working on deep cleaning your room to ensure future guests do not experience the same issues. As well, our housekeeping staff is developing ways to enhance their cleaning procedures moving forward and our maintenance team is making repairs around the property as needed. Plus, we are in the process of upgrading our hallway carpets and room furniture.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.