“Great brand name hotel however disappointed by appearance of interior... stained dirty carpeting dingy walls.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Value of hotel room was not comparable to the accommodations. Adjust prices to fit. Also, offer a decent breakfast to your guest. Paint the lobby, clean carpet and take down prices on vending machines.

• Stayed October 2013

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We came to Michigan for a family gathering. We didn't want to spend a lot so this place looked good to us. Well...the internet pictures are very deceiving!!!
Coming in from VA the drive was about ten hours, so when we arrived to the hotel we were very tired. The front desk staff was wonderful. Even though we were about 4 hours early for check in, they were able to accommodate us and give us the 3 rooms we had booked. From the outside this hotel is nice. The location was great for our itinerary. Check in was a breeze. Once we got off the elevator I was disappointed. The hallway carpet shows the years of traffic. I said to myself ok maybe this is just the hallway...once we got into our room the disappointment was worse. The small kitchen wasn't all that clean, the carpet in the room was dirty, the beds make alot of noise, the bathroom had some mold and the closet mirror door was broken. Seems that the other rooms were pretty much in the same shape. This hotel definitely needs a major upgrade. Regardless if all these things we decided to stay. They had hot water to take a shower and the AC was functioning and since we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel it was ok. Overall our stay was ok. We got what we paid for!

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Eve - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know, we are in the process of upgrading our hallways with new carpet and new furniture for our rooms. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and our maintenance staff to make repairs as needed to ensure our future guests do not experience the same issues.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at stf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
China, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for our business trip to Michigan, The room is very confortable with kitchen and large fridge and microwave for people who stay longer period. But when I come to connect WIFI I couldnt do it so I ask for the internet cable in front desk but they dont have any. So my coworker and I had to ask for it tomorrow morning in the front desk to check our emails. I think the explanation to connect it is not enough. The room was very quiet and nice. The staff is very friendly too. But short trip for business persons may have better options than this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to connect to our WiFi. Please know, I am working with our new internet provider to ensure that this is not an issue for guests in the future. Still, I am glad to know that your overall experience with us was satisfactory.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comment. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at stf@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Stamford, Ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

arrived at 9:30 PM and faced a rude front desk person who was busy counting coins, he claimed that system is down and can not owner the reservation made by his company. told him call your company to check, he refused, and said come back in 2 hours hopefully the system will be up. he refused to check us in although already paid for the room. I would never recommend this location in Southfield MI

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The customer service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working on a different strategy of checking guests in during the time our system is down for our daily audit.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate the feedback you provided us with. If you have any additional comments or concerns, please reach out to me at stf@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Brian is awesome. He answers all my questions, never missing in action, wonderful personality and always pleasant. If I have a concern, he handles it immediately. The entire has been nice and always willing to assist.

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment. It's great to hear that our staff was able to provide you with comfort and ease during your travel to our property. Brian, along with the rest of the staff, pride themselves in implementing great customer service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

During a recovery period, my two Children and I have been staying at this Hotel for over a year and it has been a very pleasant experience. All of the Staff are excellent in Customer Service, meanwhile Brian adds Person Centered Customer Service to the Extended Stay experience. His quality service skill which supersedes in effectiveness is the follow up. All of our needs were met, we felt comfortable, the environment is friendly, clean, spacious, neat and quiet. Thank You for All You do!
Mrs. Randall-Bradley

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for atleast a week with my fiancee, and the welcome we felt when we arrived was unbelievable. When we checked in Brian greeted us and made us feel right at home! Our room could have been better but we made the best of it. Our home was being painted and we had made reservations at a nearby hotel that sold our room, so we called Extended Stay and he (Brian) assured us that he had rooms and that he would do his best to make us comfortable. We took Brian at his word and came over, and not only did he make us comfortable, we called down to the front desk to ask about resturants and he told us about a place called nikolas. Not often do you get GREAT CUTOMER SERVICE AND A FRIENDLY SMILE... Keep up the good work!

B.Wilks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we could provide you with the comforts of a home away from home. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued customers like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating and friendly service to every guest. I am pleased to know that Brian provided just that for you. (By the way, Nikolas is my favorite choice). Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.