Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“short visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for atleast a week with my fiancee, and the welcome we felt when we arrived was unbelievable. When we checked in Brian greeted us and made us feel right at home! Our room could have been better but we made the best of it. Our home was being painted and we had made reservations at a nearby hotel that sold our room, so we called Extended Stay and he (Brian) assured us that he had rooms and that he would do his best to make us comfortable. We took Brian at his word and came over, and not only did he make us comfortable, we called down to the front desk to ask about resturants and he told us about a place called nikolas. Not often do you get GREAT CUTOMER SERVICE AND A FRIENDLY SMILE... Keep up the good work!

B.Wilks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we could provide you with the comforts of a home away from home. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued customers like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating and friendly service to every guest. I am pleased to know that Brian provided just that for you. (By the way, Nikolas is my favorite choice). Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel has been a wonderful experience! My family and I have been staying here for over a year, and the service has been immaculate. Since the manager, Amber, has arrived in the past few months, We have seen a vast improvement in the hotel life and hotel upkeep. Amber has taken a “hands on” approach with the hotel, mingling with guest and being very attenative to our needs. She really sets an example for the rest of the staff! We've had pleasant experiences with all the staff! Ingrid is the team leader and has always shown great professionalism in her approach. She is very friendly and helpful at all times, and caters to any needs we may have. Ingrid, along with all the other of the hotel staff are very respectful. Halima, a hotel guest service representative, has always been attenative, kind, professional, and knowledgeable at all times, and has never faltered from these behaviorisms. Darren, another guest service representative always takes a personalized approach, and is always quick to greet and attend new guest. Brian, another guest service rep, has the same approach, he is very attenative and his professionalism is second to none! They are both pleasures to be around. The night Guest services representative is a wonderful young lady by the name of Camile and she does a wonderful job running the hotel at night. Everything is always in order and clean. The housekeeping crew is meticulous with their responsibilities. Charles, the maintenance expert, is available to help at the rare chance you run into any problems in the facility, but everything is always maintained so this is a very rare occurrence. The hotel has offered a very personalized experience, with employees remembering you by name! All Hotel staff, from the housekeeping crew to the Guest service reps is knowledgeable and professional, and is willing to accommodate you whenever needed at all times. This has, and continues to be a wonderful to experience for anyone looking for a home away from home, or just somewhere to stay for the weekend. All in all, this facility offers a wonderful, personalized, safe experience, and I’d recommend it to anybody!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

We believe that building a professional, courteous and accommodating relationship with our customers will make their stay an enjoyable one, and bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to continue making this your home away from home. Please don't hesitate to call on me for future concerns during your stay.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Izack checked me in and made certain my stay was acceptable. I found the rooms to be clean and quiet. When I needed food the front desk made certain I had some menus from some of the food locations around the area.

This location is great for getting around the Detroit area. Easy access to 695, M10 or Telegraph Road. The hotel is not that great looking but it's incredibly functional for the area. There are certainly a lot better hotels in the area but the price is good and the hotel worked for what I needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Seth - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and property. I am also glad that you found our location to be ideal.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel,or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

after finally finding it at 1am we were informed they only had one room. Funny the parking lot not full. Got to room no sheets no towels not clean. Went to desk was informed no housekeeping until morning we had to make our own bed. Had a funeral in the morning and needed sleep. When we complained at check out time front desk told us to dispute charges and they would not fight it. WRONG. They waited until the last minute to deny our dispute. PNC said it was too late for us to refile dispute. Won't use hotelsone ever again nor would I recommend them. Will NEVER stay at a Homestead (that was the name in December 2012) or an extended stay.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms be prepared to make your own bed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of our housekeeping policy at check-in. While we do provide weekly service, it is for guests who are staying with us for 8 or more nights. There is an option to provide housekeeping for shorter stays or a room refresh in between, this would be completed for a minimal fee. In response, I will work with our staff on conveying this message better as our guests check-in to the hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at STF@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Dog feces in hallway, air conditioner/fan didn't work, people yelling in the halls at 1 am. Outside and entrance looked nice but inside hallways and rooms are a mess. It's also in a good location but quality of the experience doesn't make it worth staying here. Definitely would NOT stay here again, I'm sure there are better quality hotels in the area for my money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I recently read your review and wanted to take a moment to respond. I am so sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience while at our hotel. There are many issues that you addressed. They all show a breakdown in the systems and training we have in place, and for that I am truly sorry. I am working with our staff to better prepare them in handling noise complaints and also guests with pets. I have also had our maintenance engineer do a full repair on your heating/air conditioning unit. We are also increasing our housekeeping staff so that our hallways and public spaces are well maintained at all times.

We always pride ourselves in providing both great value and great service. I do apologize that you did not see that during your stay. If you like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtomaszewski@extendedstay.com. It is my hope that you would give us another chance, so that we can show you the true quality and service that all our guests experience.
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

***This review was supposed to be posted in the beginning of March. I didn't realize I had to click a link to confirm this review.***

My company sent me from Puerto Rico to Michigan for an assignment that lasted two months. During those two months, I’ve never seen a hotel ran as poorly as this one. Dirty sheets, awful smells in the hallway, teenage parties and fights every weekend, among other things. I never received my mail on time and when I did, it was open or it looked tampered with. Out of the entire staff at the Extended Stay America-Southfield, there was only two that I felt comfortable with. Halima (not sure if I spelled it right) and Camille are the only employees who strive for perfection. If something was wrong, they worked to fix it. If I needed something, they ensured I received it either right then or within twenty minutes (i.e. towels, tissue, etc.). The cleaning staff---don’t even get me started. They must be cleaning with dirty water and rags because the rooms straight SMELL when they’re finished. Maintenance never fixed a thing I asked. I always had a hard time out of Consuela (mail among other things) and a very nasty attitude whenever the managing staff is not around. I was standing in the lobby when I heard Consuela inform another guest to retrieve the mail from the mailbox. This angered me because if another guest can do her job by stepping out and retrieving the mail, then the guest has a chance to possibly go through the mail. I also watched housekeepers and other residents wash their clothes in the SAME machine that the SHEETS have to be washed in. WTH?!?!?!?!?!? I’ve informed my company to take all of the Extended Stay America’s off of our company hotel list. This hotel is poorly ran and if you ask me, it’s a disgrace to it’s name.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. There are many points that you brought up – ranging from cleanliness to service to disturbances. These points all show some break down in the way in which we do things. I am truly sorry that you encountered all of these. We are working on a daily basis with our team to improve the quality of service that we provide. We have made strides since your stay with us and we hope to continue to move forward each day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

It was a great stay at this hotel. People are very friendly here and ready to help you at anytime. Especially, Halima at the reception was very helpful. It is very cheap and worth the money that I paid for the stay. Overall, it was a great experience staying at this hotel. This is the second time i am staying at this hotel. I am sure I will come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Extended Stay America Southfield Northwestern Highway. It makes me so happy to see such kind words about our hotel. Our staff works hard each day to provide our guests with a pleasant and cheerful stay - and I am so glad you were able to see the great service first hand! I will definitely let our team – and especially Halima know that you were so pleased.

I am glad to hear you are a loyal customer, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Southfield! Thank you again for posting your review.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.