“Good location, Good Service, Functional Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
New York City, New York
“Good location, Good Service, Functional Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Izack checked me in and made certain my stay was acceptable. I found the rooms to be clean and quiet. When I needed food the front desk made certain I had some menus from some of the food locations around the area.

This location is great for getting around the Detroit area. Easy access to 695, M10 or Telegraph Road. The hotel is not that great looking but it's incredibly functional for the area. There are certainly a lot better hotels in the area but the price is good and the hotel worked for what I needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Seth - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and property. I am also glad that you found our location to be ideal.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel,or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

after finally finding it at 1am we were informed they only had one room. Funny the parking lot not full. Got to room no sheets no towels not clean. Went to desk was informed no housekeeping until morning we had to make our own bed. Had a funeral in the morning and needed sleep. When we complained at check out time front desk told us to dispute charges and they would not fight it. WRONG. They waited until the last minute to deny our dispute. PNC said it was too late for us to refile dispute. Won't use hotelsone ever again nor would I recommend them. Will NEVER stay at a Homestead (that was the name in December 2012) or an extended stay.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms be prepared to make your own bed
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of our housekeeping policy at check-in. While we do provide weekly service, it is for guests who are staying with us for 8 or more nights. There is an option to provide housekeeping for shorter stays or a room refresh in between, this would be completed for a minimal fee. In response, I will work with our staff on conveying this message better as our guests check-in to the hotel.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at STF@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Dog feces in hallway, air conditioner/fan didn't work, people yelling in the halls at 1 am. Outside and entrance looked nice but inside hallways and rooms are a mess. It's also in a good location but quality of the experience doesn't make it worth staying here. Definitely would NOT stay here again, I'm sure there are better quality hotels in the area for my money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I recently read your review and wanted to take a moment to respond. I am so sorry to hear that you had such an unpleasant experience while at our hotel. There are many issues that you addressed. They all show a breakdown in the systems and training we have in place, and for that I am truly sorry. I am working with our staff to better prepare them in handling noise complaints and also guests with pets. I have also had our maintenance engineer do a full repair on your heating/air conditioning unit. We are also increasing our housekeeping staff so that our hallways and public spaces are well maintained at all times.

We always pride ourselves in providing both great value and great service. I do apologize that you did not see that during your stay. If you like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mtomaszewski@extendedstay.com. It is my hope that you would give us another chance, so that we can show you the true quality and service that all our guests experience.
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

***This review was supposed to be posted in the beginning of March. I didn't realize I had to click a link to confirm this review.***

My company sent me from Puerto Rico to Michigan for an assignment that lasted two months. During those two months, I’ve never seen a hotel ran as poorly as this one. Dirty sheets, awful smells in the hallway, teenage parties and fights every weekend, among other things. I never received my mail on time and when I did, it was open or it looked tampered with. Out of the entire staff at the Extended Stay America-Southfield, there was only two that I felt comfortable with. Halima (not sure if I spelled it right) and Camille are the only employees who strive for perfection. If something was wrong, they worked to fix it. If I needed something, they ensured I received it either right then or within twenty minutes (i.e. towels, tissue, etc.). The cleaning staff---don’t even get me started. They must be cleaning with dirty water and rags because the rooms straight SMELL when they’re finished. Maintenance never fixed a thing I asked. I always had a hard time out of Consuela (mail among other things) and a very nasty attitude whenever the managing staff is not around. I was standing in the lobby when I heard Consuela inform another guest to retrieve the mail from the mailbox. This angered me because if another guest can do her job by stepping out and retrieving the mail, then the guest has a chance to possibly go through the mail. I also watched housekeepers and other residents wash their clothes in the SAME machine that the SHEETS have to be washed in. WTH?!?!?!?!?!? I’ve informed my company to take all of the Extended Stay America’s off of our company hotel list. This hotel is poorly ran and if you ask me, it’s a disgrace to it’s name.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy. There are many points that you brought up – ranging from cleanliness to service to disturbances. These points all show some break down in the way in which we do things. I am truly sorry that you encountered all of these. We are working on a daily basis with our team to improve the quality of service that we provide. We have made strides since your stay with us and we hope to continue to move forward each day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

It was a great stay at this hotel. People are very friendly here and ready to help you at anytime. Especially, Halima at the reception was very helpful. It is very cheap and worth the money that I paid for the stay. Overall, it was a great experience staying at this hotel. This is the second time i am staying at this hotel. I am sure I will come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Extended Stay America Southfield Northwestern Highway. It makes me so happy to see such kind words about our hotel. Our staff works hard each day to provide our guests with a pleasant and cheerful stay - and I am so glad you were able to see the great service first hand! I will definitely let our team – and especially Halima know that you were so pleased.

I am glad to hear you are a loyal customer, and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Southfield! Thank you again for posting your review.
canton mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Me and my family stay here was a complete nightmare!! the rooms was infested with baby ants. We were moved twice and the rooms did not get any better each room still had baby ants in the bathroom and kitchen. I was so digusted and upset i really wanted to pack our things and leave but it was so late in the night my children was sleepy and upset about moving from room to room we decided to stick it out but never will i take my family back here EVER!! what a waste of 80$

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Southfield, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let's start with I am a professional and credible member of mainstream media on an executive business trip. I have been using Extended Stay America for years in a variety of environments from California to Detroit. I am here on business for 3 weeks and because of my great experiences with this hotel chain in the past was happy that my company booked here. What I thought would be a pleasant stay here is turning out to be a nightmare. From the mean old lady at the front desk who likes to talk at the top of her lungs loud enough with guests and maintenance people at 1 in the morning to the rude housekeeping / maintenance staff congregating in the halls, yelling and going about all hours of the day and night like they live here instead of working here; I feel more like I checked into the local projects than an executive suite. The only thing that stops me from reaming this terrible experience through a mountain of bad mainstream reviews is the fact that a very professional lady named Conswella did everything within her power to make things right; including moving me from the 1st floor to that was supposed to be somewhere a little more quiet if it wasn't for the maids and crack head looking janitor who stands around in the hall way being loud and pestering the maids on company time. If my staff wasted company $$$ like this; I would be hiring new staff.. and for God sake make Conswella a manager; I bet she would be much better at hiring PROFESSIONAL behaving staff; as she sets a great example. I wont even get into how dirty the first room I was put in was with dead bugs under the sink and PUBIC HAIRS on my fresh towels!! No hangers in the closet, no fork or cup in the kitchen. OMG! Get housekeeping some glasses so they can see!! I almost dried my face on that towel; thankfully my vision is GREAT. My company spent a couple thousand dollars to fly me out here for work; I will be sure to let them know to NEVER spend it with this location ever again. This by far is the worst experience I have ever had with this chain; I would give just about anything for a good night's sleep. God bless you Conswella... you are the only thing I enjoyed about this hotel; thank you for trying to make a bad hotel better.l

Room Tip: Make sure you check the rooms for bugs, clean dishes, hangers and clean towels before unpacking! You...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was truly disappointed to read your remarks concerning my staff. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I have arranged training with each of the members of our team to discuss these issues. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at stf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.