“I've never seen such an un-professional staff w/ the exception of 2.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Southfield, Michigan
“I've never seen such an un-professional staff w/ the exception of 2.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let's start with I am a professional and credible member of mainstream media on an executive business trip. I have been using Extended Stay America for years in a variety of environments from California to Detroit. I am here on business for 3 weeks and because of my great experiences with this hotel chain in the past was happy that my company booked here. What I thought would be a pleasant stay here is turning out to be a nightmare. From the mean old lady at the front desk who likes to talk at the top of her lungs loud enough with guests and maintenance people at 1 in the morning to the rude housekeeping / maintenance staff congregating in the halls, yelling and going about all hours of the day and night like they live here instead of working here; I feel more like I checked into the local projects than an executive suite. The only thing that stops me from reaming this terrible experience through a mountain of bad mainstream reviews is the fact that a very professional lady named Conswella did everything within her power to make things right; including moving me from the 1st floor to that was supposed to be somewhere a little more quiet if it wasn't for the maids and crack head looking janitor who stands around in the hall way being loud and pestering the maids on company time. If my staff wasted company $$$ like this; I would be hiring new staff.. and for God sake make Conswella a manager; I bet she would be much better at hiring PROFESSIONAL behaving staff; as she sets a great example. I wont even get into how dirty the first room I was put in was with dead bugs under the sink and PUBIC HAIRS on my fresh towels!! No hangers in the closet, no fork or cup in the kitchen. OMG! Get housekeeping some glasses so they can see!! I almost dried my face on that towel; thankfully my vision is GREAT. My company spent a couple thousand dollars to fly me out here for work; I will be sure to let them know to NEVER spend it with this location ever again. This by far is the worst experience I have ever had with this chain; I would give just about anything for a good night's sleep. God bless you Conswella... you are the only thing I enjoyed about this hotel; thank you for trying to make a bad hotel better.l

Room Tip: Make sure you check the rooms for bugs, clean dishes, hangers and clean towels before unpacking! You...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was truly disappointed to read your remarks concerning my staff. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I have arranged training with each of the members of our team to discuss these issues. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at stf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southfield, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The front disk lady (Conswella) is the best ever. She helps you so much understand your rate. She helps you with everything you need. She is super nice and she is always smiling. The house keeping service is wonderful as well. The location is just great close to everything in Southfield. No strange smell or anything like that. Very clean and friendly people

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a 4th stage cancer victim. I had a horrible experience at another hotel. On my arrival here I met two angels. The manager Brenda and clerk Halima. They welcomed me with such hospitality. It was overwhelming the links they went to, to make sure I was comfortable. If that wasn't enough the overnight staff Ms. Camille helped me through two episodes of real sickness.They were so nice, when we have our convention in June for our organization we will be using this hotel. I live in Florida but I received some southern hospitality in Detroit. I will never forget your acts of kindness doing my time of sickness. Thank you for all you do!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Your comments about both Brenda and Halima are so kind. It warms my heart that they took such good care of you at a time that you needed it.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This place is HORRIBLE! The first room I checked into had dirty pillows, hair all over the blow dryer, dirty towels, and the shower was dirty. After seeing the first room I switched rooms. Then the second room had no towels in it, dead bugs in the closet as well as corner in the bathroom. There were also no hangers in the closet. Oh yea the first room also didn't have a garbage can. It's like housekeeping doesn't exist. Then I also didn't have a remote to my television in my second room. I called the front desk for a remote and the lady at the desk refuses to bring the remote to my room. This is after I had to walk to the desk to get towels. Then when I call back and ask can she brings the remote she hangs up the phone with an attitude. When I try to call back the line is busy. Worst customer service experience at a hotel EVER! To make matters worst the ro wasn't acceptable. Don't stay here there are plenty of other hotels in the same area so stay at One if those. This service was cometly horrible and the rooms aren't clean.

• Stayed December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions or concerns. Again I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations across the country.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a good hotel with reasonable prices. I was especially pleased with the
service received from the front desk clerk Conswella. She was very pleasant and
knowledgeable. When I had to extend my stay when I was out of town on business
she provided me with all the info over the phone so when I returned I kept the same room.
All of my requests were acted on in a prompt and satisfactory nature.
She made us feel welcomed as if we were her own personal guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear we assisted you with all of your needs including extending your reservation. Thank you for your feedback; we appreciate it very much.
Southfield, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Its a wonderful Hotel with great customer service,great suites and great prices. the front desk clerk Halima was very nice and helpful she was able to answer all my question.my hotel stay and its employees are just wonderful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate your business. It's terrific to hear you had a good stay with us. Thank you again for choosing our hotel on Northwestern Highway.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was genuinely pleased with my stay at this Extended Stay location. Brenda France is an excellent manager and she knows the secret that guests want to feel they are special and not just another number. I was upgraded to a king when I checked in because there were no queen rooms available. When I needed to extend my stay, Brenda was kind enough to allow me to remain in the same room. This is a very smart manager and business woman. I also have to say Hadima was exceptional when I checked in and was so accomodating to my needs during my stay. This is a well run establishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our property. I am so pleased to hear you have been happy with your stay. It's rewarding to hear you speak so highly of our management and staff. We appreciate your kind words and most importantly your business. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.