“Wonderful Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was genuinely pleased with my stay at this Extended Stay location. Brenda France is an excellent manager and she knows the secret that guests want to feel they are special and not just another number. I was upgraded to a king when I checked in because there were no queen rooms available. When I needed to extend my stay, Brenda was kind enough to allow me to remain in the same room. This is a very smart manager and business woman. I also have to say Hadima was exceptional when I checked in and was so accomodating to my needs during my stay. This is a well run establishment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review of our property. I am so pleased to hear you have been happy with your stay. It's rewarding to hear you speak so highly of our management and staff. We appreciate your kind words and most importantly your business. Thank you for staying with us.

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Whitmore Lake, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been met with great service and extremely friendly workers. The front desk clerk, Halima, has been overly accommodating. Every time I have a request or an issue that arises, she has solely been overly kind and welcoming to my requests. Welcoming both myself, and my fiance with a smile, she has taken our stay there from an average, to a very pleasing stay. Thank you to Halima for this pleasant treatment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We strive to create great customer service and a home away from home for our guests. It sounds like Halima has done just that for you. Thank you very much for choosing our location in Southfield. We appreciate your business!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I spent eleven days at this location and I was treated so nicely. I was upgraded to a king room when I arrived because there were no queens available. Brenda France, the manager, was kind enough to allow me to stay in the room when I had to extend. This is a very customer oriented manager. I have travelled a lot over the years and I think the most important quality a hotel can convey is that you are special and not just another check in - check out number. When Hadima checked me in and then when I had additional requests durimg my stay, she was very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend this location as I also found the room very clean and inviting after a day of working..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's very rewarding to hear that our management and staff made you feel at home and took such good care of you. I appreciate you sharing that with us. Thank you for choosing our location in Southfield. I do hope if you are ever in the area again that you will stay with us once more.
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never experienced customer service so great and so helpful as I have here. The front desk clerk, Consuela (sorry if the spelling is wrong) has been of great help to me and my child. Her attention to detail, warm personality, and professional demeanor speaks volumes about her as a person as well as the type of people that this company invest in as employees. I know it can be difficult working in customer service but Consuela makes it look easy and she does it with so much class. Her entire personality brings great credit to herself and this company as she consistently exemplifies an immense, profound, and solid person that takes pride in her work and those that she comes in contact with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with us. I was thrilled to hear Conswella provided such exceptional service to you and your family. We appreciate your business and do hope you will stay with us again soon. Thank you very much!
Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been staying at the Homestead Suites for 4 months now, moved to MI for a 6-12month project and didn't want to commit to a longterm lease. That being said, my initial impression was not the best...however, as the weeks passed i noticed many improvements, new mattresses, new washers and dryers - upgraded laundry facilities, etc...this slowly became my home away from home, and the staff are absolutely delightful (Ingrid, Helima, Brenda, and Peter - i.e the new hire is simply amazing) when it comes to customer service, these guys have it down to a T, they are always ready and willing to help in anyway they can, and are very quick to attend to your concerns. Yet there is still room for further growth, such as a security team on site, and a better mail system for longterm guest such as myself ;) i would recommend Homestead-Southfield to anyone in the area, and if you ever have any problems you can be sure to count on the staff for excellent customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your posting. I really appreciate receiving feedback like yours as it allows us to further take great care of our guests. I am happy to hear the staff is taking excellent care of you and you are enjoying your stay with us. I will definitely speak with the hotel staff regarding any security issues and your feedback on mail service. Thank you again for your comments.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was clean and affordable with free wifi and nice flat screen TVs. I stayed overnight and the service was pretty good. There were no iron or utensils in my room, but after I called the front desk the clerk Halima brought them right to my room. I travel a lot and the homestead is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: The third floor facing the front driveway was quiet and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you were missing items in your room, that was a clear oversight on our part; however, I am happy to hear Halima was responsive to your needs.

I appreciate you providing feedback from your stay. It can only help us to improve our services and processes. We hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A tragic fire took our dad life, my mom husband of 56yrs,our kids grandpa and everything we own, except the clothing on our back. This devastated us as a family and we are still grieving. I was struggling to keep a roof over my family head, when i called " Conswella Watson " at Homestead. She made a reservation and has treated us like family,ever since. This young lady exemplifies what professionalism is!!!! She always smiling while she is entrenched with her duties at the front desk. Conswella, goes over and beyond what her duties are, to provide outstanding customer service. Also, special thanks goes out to" Brenda France" another young lady that makes you feel like your at home,thank you Brenda and I wont forget the ice- cream (SMILE) !!!! I also, have to mention Peter,Halima, Nicole and Chiffon, thank you .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your exceptional note on your recent stay. I want to start by expressing my sincere sympathy for your loss. I am so very sorry. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Your note on your experience with us is just wonderful. I am so glad that the staff, including Brenda and Conswella, took such terrific care of you. I can only imagine how much easier that has made all of this for you and your family. Brenda, Conswella, Peter, Halima et all are great examples of providing outstanding guest service; thank you for sharing your experience.

If you should continue to need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you again for staying with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.