“Words can't express my gratitude but I'll try” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Southfield, Michigan
“Words can't express my gratitude but I'll try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never experienced customer service so great and so helpful as I have here. The front desk clerk, Consuela (sorry if the spelling is wrong) has been of great help to me and my child. Her attention to detail, warm personality, and professional demeanor speaks volumes about her as a person as well as the type of people that this company invest in as employees. I know it can be difficult working in customer service but Consuela makes it look easy and she does it with so much class. Her entire personality brings great credit to herself and this company as she consistently exemplifies an immense, profound, and solid person that takes pride in her work and those that she comes in contact with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with us. I was thrilled to hear Conswella provided such exceptional service to you and your family. We appreciate your business and do hope you will stay with us again soon. Thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been staying at the Homestead Suites for 4 months now, moved to MI for a 6-12month project and didn't want to commit to a longterm lease. That being said, my initial impression was not the best...however, as the weeks passed i noticed many improvements, new mattresses, new washers and dryers - upgraded laundry facilities, etc...this slowly became my home away from home, and the staff are absolutely delightful (Ingrid, Helima, Brenda, and Peter - i.e the new hire is simply amazing) when it comes to customer service, these guys have it down to a T, they are always ready and willing to help in anyway they can, and are very quick to attend to your concerns. Yet there is still room for further growth, such as a security team on site, and a better mail system for longterm guest such as myself ;) i would recommend Homestead-Southfield to anyone in the area, and if you ever have any problems you can be sure to count on the staff for excellent customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your posting. I really appreciate receiving feedback like yours as it allows us to further take great care of our guests. I am happy to hear the staff is taking excellent care of you and you are enjoying your stay with us. I will definitely speak with the hotel staff regarding any security issues and your feedback on mail service. Thank you again for your comments.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was clean and affordable with free wifi and nice flat screen TVs. I stayed overnight and the service was pretty good. There were no iron or utensils in my room, but after I called the front desk the clerk Halima brought them right to my room. I travel a lot and the homestead is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: The third floor facing the front driveway was quiet and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you were missing items in your room, that was a clear oversight on our part; however, I am happy to hear Halima was responsive to your needs.

I appreciate you providing feedback from your stay. It can only help us to improve our services and processes. We hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A tragic fire took our dad life, my mom husband of 56yrs,our kids grandpa and everything we own, except the clothing on our back. This devastated us as a family and we are still grieving. I was struggling to keep a roof over my family head, when i called " Conswella Watson " at Homestead. She made a reservation and has treated us like family,ever since. This young lady exemplifies what professionalism is!!!! She always smiling while she is entrenched with her duties at the front desk. Conswella, goes over and beyond what her duties are, to provide outstanding customer service. Also, special thanks goes out to" Brenda France" another young lady that makes you feel like your at home,thank you Brenda and I wont forget the ice- cream (SMILE) !!!! I also, have to mention Peter,Halima, Nicole and Chiffon, thank you .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your exceptional note on your recent stay. I want to start by expressing my sincere sympathy for your loss. I am so very sorry. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Your note on your experience with us is just wonderful. I am so glad that the staff, including Brenda and Conswella, took such terrific care of you. I can only imagine how much easier that has made all of this for you and your family. Brenda, Conswella, Peter, Halima et all are great examples of providing outstanding guest service; thank you for sharing your experience.

If you should continue to need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you again for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks while visiting the Detroit area. We're both old folks, and were treated like family by all the staff throughout our stay. We particularly appreciated Conswella who worked at the front desk and helped us on many occasions. The AC in our room started acting up, and she saw to it that we got it repaired the very next day. She also helped with directions and meeting other needs. She even gave my wife a small souvenir before we left. We've stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions. and always appreciate the great way we are greeted and taken care of. Thanks to everyone for their kindness.

Room Tip: The rooms with king beds are the roomiest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. It is rewarding for the staff and I to know that we were able to make your recent stay, along with your past stays, at our hotel so enjoyable. We work hard to provide each guest with 100% satisfaction; it seems that we were able to do just that with you!

Once again, from the staff and I, thank you for choosing to stay with us at our hotel. We look forward to having you visit again sometime in the near future or at any one of our other brand locations.
southfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm staying at the Homestead Suites temporarily and it has been great so far. The service is very good and always helpful. I was given a great deal on a monthly rate, the room I am in is very big. The manager was very welcoming and accomodating. In a good area as well

Room Tip: get the top floor room away from elevator and you'll be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 23, 2012
David,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. I am happy to hear that the hotel is working out so well for you. It’s encouraging to hear the staff is taking great care of you and the room works out as well. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.
Manchester Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'll begin by stating that we had several hotel options prior to making reservations because we needed 3 rooms for our family. I read the reviews and had mixed emotions. However, my nephew chose your location because it was a suite and contained a full kitchen. It was very late when we arrived. You can't imagine our dismay when we turned on the lights and viewed the rooms.

I belive that a hotel does not need to be new in order to be considered outstanding, some of the oldest hotels have been rated superior. Unfortunately, Homestead Suites is not one of them.

The carpet looked as though it was never vacuumed, there were stains everywhere. The couch was the same - when we turned the seat cushions over - it too contained stains. Does hotel management belive in using stain removal products?

Dish towels, bath and hand towels, bed pillows were dirty, nasty, and gray when they were supposed to be white. Does hotel management believe in getting rid of towels and pillows that do not look clean after washing? Pillows contained hairs and stains of prior customers - I couldn't use them.

Bottom tracks in the closets were black with dirt. They must never clean them.

The air vents were full of dust webs and black with dirt - They too must never be cleaned.

The area around the bed also looked as if it was never vaccumed.

The refrigerator looked as though there was mold growing in the bottom. And the ice cube trays were filthy - we bought ice to use.

The floor near the refrigerator was dirty.

While I didn't see bed bugs - we sprayed everything in the rooms with Lysol.

The clerk told us when we checked in that our rooms were an up-grade. I hate to see what the regular rooms looked like.

Lastly, I see nothing wrong with achoring a television to prevent theft but I don't understand having a television that looks as though the slightest touch would send it hurling to the floor.

Needless to say we were very, very disappointed and if it wasn't for the fact that we were in the area to attend a funeral, we would not have stayed - regardless of the room rate. It's unfortuate that our stay was not the greatest becase the hotel has the potential to be outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask to pre-inspect your room before check in!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.