You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Detroit, Michigan
“ANTHONY & ALICIA DAVIS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

A tragic fire took our dad life, my mom husband of 56yrs,our kids grandpa and everything we own, except the clothing on our back. This devastated us as a family and we are still grieving. I was struggling to keep a roof over my family head, when i called " Conswella Watson " at Homestead. She made a reservation and has treated us like family,ever since. This young lady exemplifies what professionalism is!!!! She always smiling while she is entrenched with her duties at the front desk. Conswella, goes over and beyond what her duties are, to provide outstanding customer service. Also, special thanks goes out to" Brenda France" another young lady that makes you feel like your at home,thank you Brenda and I wont forget the ice- cream (SMILE) !!!! I also, have to mention Peter,Halima, Nicole and Chiffon, thank you .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so very much for your exceptional note on your recent stay. I want to start by expressing my sincere sympathy for your loss. I am so very sorry. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Your note on your experience with us is just wonderful. I am so glad that the staff, including Brenda and Conswella, took such terrific care of you. I can only imagine how much easier that has made all of this for you and your family. Brenda, Conswella, Peter, Halima et all are great examples of providing outstanding guest service; thank you for sharing your experience.

If you should continue to need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 6 weeks while visiting the Detroit area. We're both old folks, and were treated like family by all the staff throughout our stay. We particularly appreciated Conswella who worked at the front desk and helped us on many occasions. The AC in our room started acting up, and she saw to it that we got it repaired the very next day. She also helped with directions and meeting other needs. She even gave my wife a small souvenir before we left. We've stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions. and always appreciate the great way we are greeted and taken care of. Thanks to everyone for their kindness.

Room Tip: The rooms with king beds are the roomiest.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. It is rewarding for the staff and I to know that we were able to make your recent stay, along with your past stays, at our hotel so enjoyable. We work hard to provide each guest with 100% satisfaction; it seems that we were able to do just that with you!

Once again, from the staff and I, thank you for choosing to stay with us at our hotel. We look forward to having you visit again sometime in the near future or at any one of our other brand locations.
southfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I'm staying at the Homestead Suites temporarily and it has been great so far. The service is very good and always helpful. I was given a great deal on a monthly rate, the room I am in is very big. The manager was very welcoming and accomodating. In a good area as well

Room Tip: get the top floor room away from elevator and you'll be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 23, 2012
David,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. I am happy to hear that the hotel is working out so well for you. It’s encouraging to hear the staff is taking great care of you and the room works out as well. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.
Manchester Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I'll begin by stating that we had several hotel options prior to making reservations because we needed 3 rooms for our family. I read the reviews and had mixed emotions. However, my nephew chose your location because it was a suite and contained a full kitchen. It was very late when we arrived. You can't imagine our dismay when we turned on the lights and viewed the rooms.

I belive that a hotel does not need to be new in order to be considered outstanding, some of the oldest hotels have been rated superior. Unfortunately, Homestead Suites is not one of them.

The carpet looked as though it was never vacuumed, there were stains everywhere. The couch was the same - when we turned the seat cushions over - it too contained stains. Does hotel management belive in using stain removal products?

Dish towels, bath and hand towels, bed pillows were dirty, nasty, and gray when they were supposed to be white. Does hotel management believe in getting rid of towels and pillows that do not look clean after washing? Pillows contained hairs and stains of prior customers - I couldn't use them.

Bottom tracks in the closets were black with dirt. They must never clean them.

The air vents were full of dust webs and black with dirt - They too must never be cleaned.

The area around the bed also looked as if it was never vaccumed.

The refrigerator looked as though there was mold growing in the bottom. And the ice cube trays were filthy - we bought ice to use.

The floor near the refrigerator was dirty.

While I didn't see bed bugs - we sprayed everything in the rooms with Lysol.

The clerk told us when we checked in that our rooms were an up-grade. I hate to see what the regular rooms looked like.

Lastly, I see nothing wrong with achoring a television to prevent theft but I don't understand having a television that looks as though the slightest touch would send it hurling to the floor.

Needless to say we were very, very disappointed and if it wasn't for the fact that we were in the area to attend a funeral, we would not have stayed - regardless of the room rate. It's unfortuate that our stay was not the greatest becase the hotel has the potential to be outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask to pre-inspect your room before check in!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Lansing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

It was COMPLETELY unnecessary to bang on my door at 10:30 a.m. (30 minutes before the UNDISCLOSED check out time) to ask me if we were checking out -- especially when the check out process at the front desk includes crossing guests off a list. It would have been just as efficient to wait until 11:30 a.m. and charge any guests who have not checked out for the next day. Also, there is NO NEED to ask guest upon checkIN if they will be checking out the next day if you are going to bang on the door anyway.

It is also customary to post and/or disclose check out time so that guests do not have to ask.

Lastly, the room could have been cleaner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Your experience with being disturbed prior to check out time and the miscommunication on departure time is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed at the homestead-Detroit on a visit from Maryland. The hotel had competative rates and good service. My room was clean and the location was great. There was no breakfast, but the nice clerk Halina gave me directions to a restaurant that was close enough to walk to. A nice affordable place.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front offer a nice view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Krystal,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to hear Halima helped you out with a breakfast place, but mostly it's great to hear our hotel fit your needs so well. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to have you back soon.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I usually have staycations nearby and i love staying here when i do. The Front Desk Clerk (Halima) was very helpful and nice. Their was an error with my assigned room and she quickly straighten things out and provided me with an upgrade at no extrat charge due to the early room mistake. I would stay here again because with service like this it is a nice timee to be had.

Room Tip: Book Double beds they are usually on the Third floor which most familes are not comfortable with.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Kandi,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. It’s rewarding to get feedback like yours and to hear that staff members like Halima are taking such great care of our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will stay with us again soon.