“Homestead is a home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

You added Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Southfield, Michigan
“Homestead is a home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I and my husband have had an extended stay at the hotel. We've endured some hardships recently, but the staff at the hotel have been more than accommodating. We have really enjoyed our stay. We have been particularly impressed by Halima's professionalism. She carries herself in a manner that is very customer friendly. She is always well informed, courteous and kind. I have and will continue to refer my friends. Louise H.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for kind review regarding your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit Southfield. We are happy to hear that Halima provided extraordinary guest service making your stay with us a pleasant one. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to hosting you again in the very near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Escondido, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have been staying in hotels all over the world in the course of my travel for my job, and was so impressed by the way Ms Halima conductes her job and herself. She is always very professional, curtious and and very knowledgeable about her job. I was so impressed with her understanding of any details that deals with my stay whether its explaning my bills or directing me to somewhere or giving me details about how to get whatever I needed, that I felt I had to log on and express my appreciation for everything she did and the way she handles her job, She definitely made me feel so much at home that I will definitely encourage my friends to stay in this hotel whenever they come to Michigan hoping they will have the good fortune to get to stay when she is on duty.She is definitely an asset to this organisation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor away from traffic noise and quiter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Chibuzor,

Thank you very much for your great review of your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. Your kind words about the service you received from Halima is so wonderful to hear and very encouraging. I’m so glad Halima took such good care of you and that great service made you want to recommend our hotel. Thank you again for staying with us.
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I never been to Detroit before and i was suppose to stay with my cousin but they didn't have any power so i had to check into a hotel i seen the hotel off the free way so i went to see their avalibilty i no it was about 10am but i was tired the clerk was so helpful she got me a early check-in and was so nice she even called me to make sure my room was comfortable her name was Conswella yes i if i ever come back to Detroit thats were i would stay now that's customer services .

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. It’s wonderful to hear how our staff, and Conswella in particular, took such great care of you. Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate your business.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at the Homestead Suites (Southfield, MI) previously and really enjoyed my stay. Conswella was very helpful and also a very hard worker dedicated to her duties. Whenever I came to the guest services desk she was very friendly and knowledgeable about near by restaurants and shopping establishments. Conswella is an excellent asset to the Homestead Suites and if I visit the Detroit area again I'll know that I will always feel at home.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites Detroit – Southfield. I am so happy to hear Conswella took such good care of you. It’s always great to hear how our staff is delivering on our commitment to great guest service. Thank you again for your business.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night, 3-29-12. When I walked into the lobby, staff was talking and not very welcoming. Ingrid was nice. The first room they gave me, the sheets had old stains or iron scorches on them. The second room, kitchen area was clean but there was a spot on the ceiling that was peeling....and left hanging. The mattress was not comfortable & I didn't sleep well. Both rooms, the Ottoman had multiple stains. I had no remote for the tv, and they never brought one that worked. My first & last time staying here.

• Stayed March 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed at the homestead while visiting Detroit for a week.The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was nice with a kitchen and free wi-fi. The area was safe and there were several restaurants near by. I would definently stay again.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are the best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to publish such nice comments of your stay at the Homestead Detroit - Southfield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

We hope you will stay with us again soon. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Southfield, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been staying at the Homestead Hotel in Southfield, Michigan since shortly after it opened until the present time. I stay at the hotel every other week. The hotel has become my "home away from home" .... the management and staff are great .... they are like family. They all take great care to make sure that my stays are always without any problems. I will be coming to Michigan for the next few years and this is the only place that I will stay ... mainly because of the management and staff.

Michael De Fortuna

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Michael,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Detroit - Southfield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy.

Address: 28500 Northwestern Highway, Southfield, MI 48034 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Detroit - Southfield)
Location: United States > Michigan > Southfield
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Southfield
Homestead Suites Southfield
Southfield Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - Northwestern Hwy., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.