“Courtyard a good Marriott brand.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Southfield
“Courtyard a good Marriott brand.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

You can always count on the Courtyard to deliver value and service. This hotel is no exception. The outside needs refreshing but they had a harsh winter. The staff is friendly. The room price was excellent. This is my second stay at this property. Next trip to Detroit will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Ron B,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. Our next project is refreshing the outside of the hotel as well as the courtyard area and we are excited to have beautifully restored landscaping for you and others to enjoy during their stay. The Courtyard staff is aware of your kind words and we’re looking forward to delivering exceptional service to you again in the future!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

-Very clean hotel, rooms, and pool.
-Location is close to the company I visit, so it is great for me. It is about 20 mins to Downtown by highway 10, and about 35 mins to airport through 39 South.
-rooms are good and spatious. However, the ground floor rooms that have windows facing the outside make me feel a bit unsafe, but I have no particular evidence of crime in the area to fear.
- my only complaint was about the room service, who practically disposed of everything that I may have left around (thankfully with the exception of my luggage!). This included my snacks and bottles full of water. I ended up leaving the "do not disturb" sign on most days to avoid losing my stuff to the careless room service person.
- another comment would be about breakfast: it seems that certain items on the menu were included with our room rate, but some were not, and it was not clear which ones were included. This was quite confusing. Please select your price carefully and create a menu where included items are clearly differenciated.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear el_roquero,
We appreciate your comments that we were able to provide you with a clean hotel to stay in and a convenient location for your business travel needs. I do sincerely apologize that our housekeeping staff threw away some of your snacks and beverages. If a similar situation were to happen on your next visit, my hope is that it is brought to the attention of the front desk so we may address it immediately and reimburse any losses! I also apologize that the breakfast items that were included for you were confusing. At check-in we typically put a slip in the key packets explaining this for guests, but unfortunately we must have missed yours. Both of your concerns have been addressed with our staff. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that on your next visit we can meet all of your standards and turn that 4 star into a 5!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

One of the nicest hotels that I have stayed at in the Detroit area. The staff is very nice and polite. The room was and the common areas were very clean. The food at the bistro was also very good. This stay was for business...but if I was ever in the area for personal reasons, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Falcons097,
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield with the world! We work very hard every day to be the best hotel in the Southfield/Detroit area and are thrilled that you feel we are the “best option.” We look forward to providing a wonderful stay for you again in the future!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were attending a family event with a block of rooms reserved by the hosts. Our stay was for 4 nights. Requested a quiet room and the first night the room next to us was loud well after 1:30am. I finally put in ear plugs to drown out their noise. The room had a skunky smell to it and might have been old smoke, could never pinpoint for sure. Several other rooms in our group complained of the same stale odor. The air-conditioning unit cycled loudly off and on and without ear plugs was impossible to sleep for me. There are no towel racks in the bathroom area only a hook on the door. Hard to reuse face towel etc.. without a place to hang them. Housekeeping was friendly, but they skipped us one day and forgot to leave toilet paper the next day. Our hosts provided a breakfast in one of the meeting rooms and it was really bad. Stale mini muffins, frozen type bagels, rubbery scrambled eggs, same breakfast 4 days in a row was awful. Overall I did not care for the whole layout of the building. On the positive side, the beds were comfortable. I would not recommend this hotel for any future family functions.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PublicRelationsKari, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Planet R,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. I would like to take the time to apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. It is always unfortunate to hear that we did not meet a guests standards as well as our own. I would like to extend the invitation to discuss your stay in more detail if you would like. Feel free to send an email or give us a call at 248-358-1222.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

All facilities very comfortable. I stayed in a king and slept the best I have in years. I was there 3 nights - used the pool twice (which was cleaned while I was there) and the workout and laundry rooms. All were great. Staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. If I have reason to be in the area I would definitely to back if the price was right!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
DANA J,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. I am so happy you were able to have the best sleep you have had in years due to our brand new beds! Also, I am pleased to read your positive comments on our staff members. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and taking care of every guest. I have told our staff of your comments and we look forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Southfield!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The staff was friendly and my room was beautiful. The furniture and my wall paper was so pretty. Carpet was clean and the room smelled great. The bed was heavenly. I would love to stay there again. Its close to the freeway and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014
Toi N,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Detroit Southfield. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to have a relaxing weekend. I agree that the new decor and furniture that came with our remodel gives us a very attractive lobby and guest rooms. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the world! We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

university park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here many times during the last 10 years. Most recently 3 weeks ago after a 3 year layoff. This time the room was not registered in my name. As usual, I stayed a Friday-Sunday. It just gets better. I love the full breakfast available in the morning. Cafe is located right in very attractive lobby.The hotel location is close to downtown Detroit. Room was clean and comfortable. Very nice staff. One should always ask for a floor above 1st floor .as the pool area creates a lot of noise. No negative comment other than this.

Room Tip: Higher floors eliminate noise from pool area.