“Business Trip - Good Base Camp” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Trussville, Alabama
“Business Trip - Good Base Camp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visiting the Southfield area for business, stayed here two nights. My room was on the third floor, number 341. The room was comfortable, King size bed with a sofa in the room. Fridge under counter, TV was great, clean and had all the normal stuff a traveller would want. Shower was great, good pressure and enough hot water. Business center was good, exercise room had top notch equipment, pool was so-so. Overall a good place to stay, great breakfast. I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor, a little more of a walk to lobby, but very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Rick O,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that your stay was excellent and that your room was clean and quiet. I will share the positive feedback with our team. We hope that we will see you again soon!

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Pretty Decent Hotel... was visiting Southfield for work and managed to make a booking on the same day when I was supposed to travel. We reached late and had a smooth check-in. They have a small food counter besides the checkin desk to get some ready to eat stuff. The location was pretty convenient to us since our office was around 2 miles from here along the highway. Breakfast is average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Nixforfun,

Thank you staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. I was pleased to read that your check in was smooth and that our amenities and location were convenient for your last minute travels. I will make sure to share the comments with our team as this means so much to us. As for the average breakfast experience, we are continually looking for ways to improve and hope that you will see this during your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

As a regular business traveler that has tried numerous hotels in the area, I prefer the Courtyard. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in any way, which gives this location a welcoming appeal. The rooms are clean,quiet, and comfortable, while the breakfast buffet provides a choice of options to suit anyone. The upcoming rennovations will only serve to make this lodging option even better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Russ M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a response in regards to your most recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that we provided a welcoming appeal as this is our primary goal. We hope that you return soon!

Also, we are very excited for the upcoming renovation so that we may further meet and or exceed your expectations.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I only stayed for 4 nights but thoroughly enjoyed this hotel experience. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet, the staff are really friendly and helpful, and there's a choice of breakfast fare that should satisfy anyone's palate and appetite. There's also a good sized swimming pool and gym to get your daily exercise. Overall I give this hotel top marks and thoroughly recommend it if you are ever in the Detroit area.

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioning and I personally prefer a room at the back or West side of the hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeffrey T,

Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent stay with us at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield. I am pleased to read that your stay was most enjoyable in a clean room and that our staff was friendly and efficient at meeting your needs. We look forward to your return so that we may continue to take excellent care of you!

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here when visiting relatives on the area. We chose this hotel over the Holiday Inn since we found a very good prepaid rate. We arrived at midnight after a long road trip, and at first glance I didn't like the place. We requested a courtyard room but it seemed they have none available; at that moment we just wanted any room so we could rest.
Next day we woke up fresh, and noticed that the hotel was much better that it seemed last night. We were situated on a corner on the back and we had a view to the parking lot, which was not bad actually. We could also see the buildings next to the hotel, so it was nice. We always had a parking space near the entrance, which you need your room key to enter. After 11pm, there was only one entrance for cars.
We had breakfast next to the lobby, there were few people so it was very quiet. 6.95 for continental breakfast, and 9.95 for the buffet. We tried both options and we were pleased, the service was attentive and made sure that our juice cups were refilled. They had omelettes made to order, so I tried it once, a little greasy for my taste. The fruit was good and fresh, and along the offerings there were cottage cheese, nuts and strawberry. We enjoyed our time there.
Room was ok, with basic ammenities, but clean and very quiet. There was a small pool that we saw every day that we went to breakfast, but never used it.
No problems with Reception, check-out was a breeze.
Overall, it is a nice, clean, quiet hotel that covers all your basic needs, I would stay here next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that our hotel was a great value for your and that our team was friendly and efficient throughout your stay in addition the clean room.

I would also like apologize that the Omelet fell short of your expectations. I have shared this feedback with my team to ensure that we explore any and all opportunities for improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return soon!
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for the night recently. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom could have used another cleaning. Overall just felt very dated and blah... I didn't use pool and the hot tub was not in service. The breakfast buffet was pretty bad...sticky tables, no napkins, the silverwear brought out in the dishwasher containers to pick from. It just felt disorganized and not very clean. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again if but skip the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Scott K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Blooskies:

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our overall product and service. I was disappointed to read that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory. The items that were missed have been addressed with our team. I would like the opportunity to discuss your experience in order to ensure your return to the Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield. I can be reached at 248.358.1222. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here, as my girlfriend and I attended a wedding approximately 3 miles from this hotel. I have stayed at courtyards before, and usually have good experiences, but the staff at this particular location was outstanding! The room was immaculate, the bed was SUPER comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. I was blown away by the friendly demeanor of the staff, everyone from the front desk clerk, to the manager on duty, to some of the maintenance guys I passed by in the hallways. Courtyard usually means no frills, but i have to say, I was very pleased with the cleanliness, and friendliness of the staff. I would DEFINITELY recommend this property to ANYONE looking for an inexpensive, clean hotel in the southfield area. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ThomasD,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that our friendly staff took such great care of you. I will certainly share your feedback with our team. We agree that our beds are SUPER comfortable and they will be even more comfortable following our upgrade to the enhanced Courtyard bedding package this fall! We hope to see you on your return visit to the Southfield area.

Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!